Feel Me Close

Hey guys I would like to give a shout out to allhayletheking for my cover, thank you!! Also, I need help figuring out Jackson so give me some names and I will chose the best plus you will get a shout out! THANKS!
*******************************

"I would like to thank everybody who came out and made this a special night for me. I love all of you for this. Thank you all again! Have a goodnight!" I said as everyone left the restaurant.

"Lucy, I loved your speech! Yours too Ash!" I said to him causing him to smile which made me blush.

"Hey! What about me?" My brother said causing me to break out in laughter.

"Aw, I loved yours too!" I said squeezing his cheek. "Mhm!?" He said making me laugh again.

"Who's riding with me?" I asked dangling my keys like a prize.

"Me, me!" Ashton and Lucy called for a seat like three year olds. "Thanks guys!Good to see you all want to ride with me!" Alex said faking the enthusiasm.

"I call shotgun!" They said racing to the car. Ashton, of course ran faster, but gave it to Lucy which I thought was gentlemen like.

We pulled into my driveway. They were both asleep. I woke Ashton up and I grabbed Lucy by the arm and carried her up to my room. I kicked off my shoes and brushed my hair quickly.

I went back downstairs for a cup of water, cutting on the sink slowly to try and keep quiet. I heard footsteps behind me. I ignored it thinking that it was probably Alex coming to tell me my parents finally called even though it was after 12, no longer my birthday.

"Oh my gosh! You scared the crap out of me!" I yelled jumping at his touch against me. "Sorry, I just came for some water too." Ashton said back as he cut the water off and it overflowed my cup making me blush and him chuckle.

"Oh." I said as he got closer. He fixed some water for himself. His face was so close to mine. I wanted to kiss him, but what if he pulled away. I might have even been taking these "signs" the wrong way. "Last night....when you told me to stay, did you mean it?" He asked staring me in my eyes.

"Yeah, maybe." I said biting my lip and looking in his eyes. Our lips touched just barely. It felt like fireworks went off and his tongue began to become connected with mine. He lifted me up on the counter as he trailed kisses along my neck until we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I jumped off the counter out of breath. Both of us grabbed our glasses and started to exit the kitchen when my brother walked in.

"What were you two doing?" He asked questioning us like we were five.

"Nothing!" I yelled quickly and I ran back up to my room. Way to be cool, Riley! I carefully closed the door as I slid down the back of it re-living the kiss.

"Hey, stop smiling and give me that glass of water!" Lucy croaked startling me from my trance.

"Sorry, here." I said as I handed it over and climbed in my bed beside her.

"What's wrong? You are acting like you've seen a ghost now." She said as we both stared at the ceiling.

"Nothing, don't worry just take this and give me your clothes." I said filling queasy about what just happened.

"Okay, goodnight" She said and quickly fluttered her eyes.

"Goodnight." I said back as I quickly fell into a deep sleep.

,,,,,,,,,,,

Did that kiss mean anything or was it just in the moment? I asked myself a few hours later hoping it was everything to him like it was to me.

I couldn't bear to torture myself mentally anymore, so I snuck into the guest room where Ashton sleeps so we could talk.

"Of course Riley, but what it means exactly I'm not to sure!" He said to me after I confessed while scratching his head.

What the hell! He can't just do that. Kiss me and give me mixed emotions. Not sure, is not a reply a girl wants to hear. I have a boytoy for Christ sakes, that although we don't date, I respect and I don't mess around with people other than him. That kiss or make-out session I just shared with Ashton jeopardizes everything.

"Okay, well I am going to go back to my room." I said in a confused state. I was happy we kissed, but i was very unhappy that he seemed to be unaware of his feelings. I'm a needy girl, I need immediate responses.

"Riley, come lay here." He said as he pat the spot on the bed next to him.

Riley, don't you dare move, I told myself. What are you doing Riley stop walking, this is a mistake. What about Alex? This is his best friend! My conscious nagged at me relentlessly.

I beckoned myself to stop, but as I slid under the covers and felt him wrap his strong arms around me and pull me close. I felt safe...safer than I'd ever been.

     Ashton's POV

What the fuck is wrong with you? You're sleeping in the same bed as your best friends sister. He's going to kill you even though he's known about how much I've liked Riley. She doesn't know that. I tease her and pull dumb jokes on her so she doesn't like me back. My tricks don't seem to have worked considering, we're sleeping together.

I kept repeating how dumb I was for letting her sleep in here to myself, after she went to her bedroom early the next morning.

I have loved that girl since her first day of kindergarten. She was all dressed up and her hair was flowering down her back. She looked absolutely beautiful. I could never tell her though. She was like my sister and her brother, he had done so much for me. His whole family has. His mom let me move in when I was young for awhile before I got my own place, because my family was just out of order. My mom was in drugs, and my dad was a drunken wife beater.

The day I moved in, I became another brother to Riley. I was supposed to protect her, so that's what I did and every time I have seen her with a guy, I think to myself that should be me, and that Jackson guy is hella shady. He cheated on her once. She was devastated. He apologized and she took him back (typical move). What a douche. There has only been one thing I couldn't protect her from which is him.

My cousin goes to the same college as him and says he just flirts with every girl he walks by, and Riley doesn't deserve that whether they're dating or hooking up. She doesn't even deserve me, she deserves the world.

I mean really Ash 'I don't know'. That's what you tell a girl after you kiss her. You are the world's biggest idiot. I have to fix this.

I got up to go to her room and talk. I realized she was gone, so I ran to the flower shop. I got some lilies which I know are her favorite.

I put them in a nice vase and put them on my dresser. Later that afternoon, I was going to go back to her place and give her the flowers and apologize.

Riley 's POV

I went back to my room early the next morning. I turned and tossed in my own bed for a while thinking about what he said. The three words, 'I don't know' just kept running through my mind, good thing I didn't tell him everything I was going to say.

I took the longest routes to all my classes to avoid seeing him. I went to my teachers classroom to eat lunch and I skipped fifth period, which we sometimes have together. Finally, it was the end of the day. I was just about to open my door when George walked up to me.

"George, leave me alone I have to go!" I said quickly pushing past him. "Wait!" he beckoned. "No!" I said annoyed and ready to go home.

I know that's harsh, but he was probably going to tell me a joke and I didn't want to see Ashton as he was telling me the tasteless phrase.

When I got home, I put on some jeans and my favorite tee and started to watch the television until I heard a ring at the door.

            Ashton's POV

I was standing at the door hoping she would answer and that's when I saw her face. So beautiful even when she isn't wearing make-up.

"I just came to say sorry. Here these are for you." I said handing her the flowers as she smiled.

******

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!