School's A B****

Today is the first day of your freshman year. Today you become a college goer. Today, real life starts and it never stops.

As I sat through the worst assembly about freshman year, I pulled out my phone and texted Lucy.

R: Where are you):

L: Center Row B

R:This is boring, somebody shoot me!

L: Riley, don't be so dramatic put your phone away and listen before we get caught

R: Fine, mean ass(:(:

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked up. There in front of me stood a mean lady eyeing me. "Young lady, come with me." She said.

shit!

As I took a seat across from Professor Banks he looked at me sternly.

"I see you were texting during our freshman inauguration." He spoke, spitting on me as he talked. Gross.

"Yes sir, it won't happen again." I said back hoping I wouldn't get a detention on the first day.

"It sure won't you have after school detention tomorrow." He said

"Please, Professor, I'll do anything!" I said.

"You sure will you're going to show up to detention." He said smiling thinking he was being clever.

As I stomped out of the office I saw the whole freshman class walking out of the auditorium. At least I missed the last three minutes. As Lucy approached me with a worried glance, I pulled out the slip.

"You did not get detention on the first day, who the hell even knew they gave detention in college." She said gasping as she grabbed the slip and started reading it.

"Yeah actually, I did and when did you become Mother Hen." I said.

"I don't know I just feel like we're growing up." She said.

"My baby's growing up." I said making a pouty face.

"No need for jokes smart ass and we have 2 minutes to get to next period or you have double detention." She said racing me to my Honors English.

"Hello class, I'm Mrs. Smith." She said nicely. At least not everyone here reminds me of a witch.

"I'll be teaching you guys your requirements for this year and junior year." she said smiling.

I think Ashton told me she was his favorite. Why does everything you say or think make you remember Ashton it's like haunting me? She spoke more and we asked questions. The bell finally rang. I met Lucy at the main hall for lunch.

"How was your class? Any cute boys?" Lucy asked.

"Of course, none named Cooper though." I said laughing. I know she has a boyfriend but there's nothing wrong with looking.

As we walked to the cafeteria we were greeted with the sweetest aroma. It was from the bakery. I walked over to see what they had. I saw Ashton and some of his friends including Caroline. He looked hot with his button up shirt which is my favorite thing to see him in. I was watching his every move as Seth came over and kissed me on the cheek giving me butterflies.

"How was it?" He asked smirking knowing it was pure hell.

"Oh, it was awesome. I had so much fun as I got detention." I said giving him my best sarcastic smile.

"You got detention!" He said almost shocked.

"Yeah, so what?" I asked.

After lunch, I had my last class and I would be off to my dorm. Mrs.Cathehill was fairly nice but very strict. She looked young but smart, not foolish. This year is going to be a bumpy ride. I was walking out avoiding a big crowd when Ashton approached me.