Life Without You

s/o to BlessinJoyPremy for first like

Riley's POV

It's been a week with no call or text. He hasn't even been by to talk to Alex who I finally told that I think we broke up. He just gave me a hug and told me that Ashton would be back. He's probably just like I am at home, miserable. I hope he's right, I really miss him. I think about him everyday I can't even watch my favorite tv shows, because every time I see a character it reminds me of the time Ashton impersonated them or made a joke about them or leaned over and kissed me like my favorite character does to their co star.

I have just moped around for the last week. I packed a few things for college weekend where you go for 3 days and tour and stay overnight. Lucy will be there to keep me company, but I wish Ashton would come and stay with me. Alex has been worried about me these last 2 days. I've really been out of it. I haven't even been on the porch, everything reminds me of him.

   Ashton's POV

It's been a week. I haven't called her and she hasn't called me. I'm miserable. I want to see her and smell her beautiful brown vanilla-scented hair. I want to hug her and kiss her. I wonder if Alex knows we broke up. I'm surprised he hasn't come over and tried to kill me, but I'm pretty sure he trusts me. College weekend will be here soon. I don't even know if I'm going to go, if I see her I'll probably cry like a baby.

    Alex's POV

I wish Riley would stop crying herself to sleep. It's just sad to listen too. I know she loves him. I wonder if the reason she asked about Jackson was because that's the reason they broke up. If so there's no way in hell they're getting back together.

    Riley's POV

I know this is a really bad idea, but here I am walking up Jackson's drive way with shaky hands. As I lightly knocked on the door a woman opened it slightly to look at my face.

"Does Jackson live here?" I asked sweetly.

"Yes, Jackson you have company!" She said as he came to the door and engulfed me in a hug. It was warm and nice.

"Hey, what are you doing here baby?" He said non-chantly.

"I just came to talk." I said clearly ignoring his baby comment.

"Come in." He said guiding me to a little area set off from the kitchen. As I walked through the door, I saw the woman in the kitchen and another shadowy figure. I sat on the couch; he got us both a drink.

"What did you want to ask me?" He said. "What happened between you and Ashton?" I asked and he almost spit his drink out. "Next question." He replied totally ignoring me.

"Seriously, tell me what happened!" I said angry that he wouldn't tell me.
"Okay, well along time ago, Your brother, Ashton and I used to be friends. One day we were talking and then it lead to talking about girls. That's when Ashton told us he liked you. Your brother was pissed at first. Well I said I liked you too, so I asked you out the night of the dance, you remember?" He said as I held my cup tightly.

"Yeah." I said as he kept going.

"Well he was planning on asking you the same night, but I beat him. I was jealous of him. That's the only reason I did it, because at the time you were just a pawn to me, but I really started to love you. Ashton completely stopped talking to me. Anytime I stopped in the hallway to talk to you. He would give me ugly looks. He just cut me off and we didn't talk unless you were present." Jackson said as I took it all in.

"So....what was I to you, nothing? How could you do that to your friend! How did I not even know you guys were friends?!" I said getting angry and walking to my car.