I Still Miss You

I awoke with a push from Lucy. We were in my driveway. Alex and Ashton came outside and started unloading our stuff.

Oh my gosh, Ashton I almost forgot how much I missed him until I saw those beautiful blue eyes and muscular arms.

I decided to pretend to be sleepy and not notice him. I drug my way up the steps making it believable.

I opened my bedroom door and flopped down on my bed. Why is he here? Is this some type of crazy intervention? I love him, but I think we need this time apart.

Oh, Riley you can't even fool your own self; you want him. I said to myself in my head. I decided to take a cold shower. As the coolness of the water hit my skin, I went numb. I stayed in until I couldn't bear the cold. As I dried my body and hair I slipped on a little perfume and went back to my room. Lucy was on my bed on the phone.

"Who was that? " I said even though I'm 99.9% it was Cooper.

"Cooper." She spoke dreamily.

"I think it's so cute that you and Cooper are that close. You two are totally going to get married. " I said.

"We haven't even been dating as long as you and Ashton!" She said it and her face turned cold.

"Sorry, Riley. I wasn't thinking."

"It's fine. Don't let my relationship influence yours." I said feeling a little pain in my gut.

"What do you want to do today?"

"Nothing, sit around, eat some pizza watch my favorite movies! "

"Okay just let me change." She said running to our bathroom.

I wonder where the boys went. I didn't hear anyone leave. I went downstairs and sure enough they were sitting in the movie room exactly were I wanted to spend my day off from work.

"Hey. Lucy and I were going to come down here and hang out. " I said quietly giving them a chance to go away.

"Okay, that's fine with us." Alex said.

I wanted them to leave not stay and hang out. It's going to be awkward, but it's a start. I can't go around ignoring Ashton all my life actually I can but I won't. I ran upstairs just as Lucy came out in her pajama's. I grabbed us both a blanket and some pillows.

I met her in the kitchen as she popped popcorn and I fixed drinks.

"The guys are down there. " I whispered

"Riley, you know you don't have to go down there."

"Yes, but I'm going too. I can't avoid him forever. "

"I knew you would come to your senses." She said pouring the popcorn into a bowl.

As we entered the room, the guys were on the left. We sat behind them. I wanted to ask so many questions, but I reminded myself it was a start. As the movie played I got more fidgety. I decided to excuse myself to the rest room. I ran upstairs and shut the door, I looked myself in the mirror.

"Riley Hill, you will not cry!" I told myself. I knew I sounded crazy, but it worked. I took a deep breath and went back inside to find that Lucy and Alex had gone. Bitches. It forced me to have to ask Ashton.

"Where did Lucy and Alex go?"

"They went for pizza, they said they would be back." I could tell he was shocked I talked to him. I wonder what he's done these past few days.

"How have you been?" I asked feeling overly confident.

"Okay, how about you?"

"Same. I had fun at college weekend. I was surprised I didn't see you there." I said realizing I was pushing it.