I'm Having A Baby

I rushed down the hall zooming around corners. I finally saw the door and walked in to hear a girl crying out in pain. I walked in and ran over immediately grabbing Mackenzie' s hand.

"Babe you can do it, just push through another one and the head will start to come out!" I said getting her excited to push.

After her little incident at the wedding. She got my number from the bride and called me. I came to see her in the hospital often, she and her baby were doing great. She hadn't come early like we all expected.

She got a nurse to call me a few minutes ago I rushed here to be with her. As I looked around I realized no one except me and Ashton were here. He sat outside in the waiting area. Go Figures. As she pushed again I wiped her sweaty face with a cold rag.

"Okay Kenzie one last push and the baby will be here 1......2.......3!" The doctor said as Mackenzie grunted and we heard the sounds of a beautiful baby girl crying. As the doctors cleaned her up and sat her on her mom's chest. I watched as Mackenzie smiled from ear to ear.

I hope one day I will do the same. She asked me if I wanted to hold her. I lightly grabbed her by the head and cradled her in my arms. I felt content. She's so small, but she smells like heaven as I bury my nose in her neck.

As they carried her away to do her vital checks. I started talking about how sweet she was and that she was going to be a great baby girl.

"Riley, I haven't chosen her a name do you have any suggestions?" Mackenzie asked.

"Uhm, let's see what about McKenna!" I asked looking excited hoping she would like it.

"I love that and guess what I already know her middle name." She said smiling.

"It's Riley!" She exclaimed. As I thought about what she said I finally got it. She named the baby after me. I let a tear fall down my face as I gave her a big hug.

"I have one more request." She said
"Okay what is it?" I asked wiping my eyes.
"Congrats Godmother!" She exclaimed pulling out a pink shirt with the saying on it. I was so excited I got up and jumped around thrilled. As I turned around Ashton was walking in.

"Ladies what's going on in here?" He asked looking at me like I was crazy.

"I'm a Godmom!" I said still smiling. Behind me Mackenzie was smiling also.

Just then they brought the baby back out as Mackenzie told them to give it to me. I grabbed her up and cooed sweet things at her.

"McKenna Riley your gonna be the most spoiled girl on earth! " I said smiling thinking of all the cute outfits I was going to get her.

Ashton sat down and he kept looking at her with those sweet eyes. He didn't know, but I was watching him out of the corner of my eye.

I handed her back to her mother and kissed her and Mackenzie on the head and told them I would be back tomorrow.

As we left the hospital I grabbed Ashton's hand. "I saw you back there smiling at McKenna." I said.
"Yeah, she's so cute." He said back.

As the words fell out his mouth I thought he would've said something else.
"I know she really is!" I said trying to smile.

As we got in the car I told him to stop at Me and You, the cutest baby store in town. When we went in I saw the cutest pink and black onesie with a matching hat, bib and socks. I immediately grabbed it as I snatched a few little toys and one more onesie as we headed to check out.

"Hello thanks for shopping at Me and You today!" The lady said as she grabbed all my items.
"Hello, how are you?" I asked making friendly conversation.