I Think I Hate You

s/o 2 TRYTILLYOUSUCCEED!

     Ashton's POV

I looked up at her face and she was still smiling at me. I wanted to grab her and kiss her again just like last night.

"Riley, I'm so sorry. Last night I wanted to tell you I loved you and that I have for so long, but I didn't know what came over me. You probably think I'm crazy saying all this so fast, but I've known you for so long and you're so beautiful and kind. I've been trying to push these thoughts away even you at times with my stupid pranks, but I can't seem to do it. Jackson's a dumb ass for not seeing any of that, and moving so far from you. Anyways, I said "I didn't know" in the moment just because I didn't know if you would feel the same way and I was confused. You are still something with Jackson. I felt overwhelmed like maybe I did the wrong thing, and now you have a handful on your plate, but I do know. I'm not confused. I want to be with you." I said out of breath and hoping she had heard every word and would allow me another chance.

"Ashton, shit just got really complicated. Lucky for you though, I like you too and I am really glad that you feel the same way." She said a little shakily.

"Well in that case, can I have another kiss?" I said sticking out my cheek, lightening the mood.

"I am still upset." She said back in her serious tone.

"I didn't mean to upset you I thought we wer--" I said as she did something I wouldn't of thought.

"I was just joking, now come here!" She said grabbing me by my collar and kissing me. My tongue was in motion with hers and she heard me groan. She smirked against my lips and pulled me through the front door.
******

Riley's POV

"Ashton!"Alex called from downstairs making me flinch.

"I've got to see what he wants." Ashton said as he got off my bed and I whimpered.

We had been seeing each other for a week now but no one knows. He came up to my room early this morning and we have been watching movies all day.

"Ashton, we have to tell him soon." I said pulling his arm as he tried to leave with worry in my voice.

I hate keeping secrets from him. I suck at it anyways, just last week I was trying to surprise Lucy with a gift for college, and I ended up telling her on accident. I hope I can for once keep this secret.

"I know, I know but can we keep it a secret just a little longer?" He asked begging me.

"A LITTLE longer." I said stressing the word little as he walked out the room. I decided to call Lucy.

When I saw I had five texts from Jackson, my breath caught in my throat.

"Shit!" I said under my breath. As I slowly took deep breaths. I decided to tell him to come over, but then I'd definitely have to deal with a showdown, so I decided to meet him at my favourite place Best Friends For Life Cafe. I was joking, I only go there with Lucy. I told him to meet me at the little cafe on the other side of the street downtown.
****

I pulled up and parked. He came and gave me a hug and a kiss. I slowly turned my head a inch. I felt disgusting, because I basically cheated on our agreement we made as friends with my brothers best friend. "We should go inside and get some coffee." I said grabbing his hand.

"Yeah, come on." He said back taking me by the hand. We both got dark coffees and we sat at the table near the window. I was very nervous, but I had to do it.

"Jackson um I--" I said as I was cut off. "Wait, let me go first!" He said smiling softly.

"Look, I love you with everything inside me, but this long distance thing isn't working. I miss you so much, but college has beautiful things including women. You are beautiful too, but I don't see you often enough, so I think we need to break up." He said as he slowly sipped his coffee. I was so hurt down inside, but I decided to let it go because I had baggage of my own.