If only they knew...

Harry was silently looking through the window of his bedroom, feeling empty. He wished he had the strength to cry or fight back, but he knew that none of these two things would lead to a better future for him. He was waiting patiently for the door to unlock so he could go to school and leave this dark place for a while.

Harry wasn't a normal teenage boy. He had issues and he was fairly aware of it. He knew that nothing was normal for him. He knew that he was different. When he heard the familiar sound of a metallic key sliding in the lock, he instinctively flinched close to the corner of the room, putting his forearms in front of him in case he would get beated.

The man pushed the door open but didn't came in. Relieved, Harry let out the breath he was holding. He took his bag and left as fast as possible.

Walking to school can look like an easy thing to do for a sixteen years old teenager, but for Harry it was always painful. He had sore muscles from all the beatings he was receiving on a daily basis and he barely had the energy to walk to school because of the lack of food in his system.

Harry only had two friends, Liam and Niall. They were both very concerned about Harry's condition. Harry thought he was good at hiding it. Liam and Niall thought Harry was pretty bad at hiding it. Over the years, they noticed several bruises and injuries on Harry. They knew something was off with their friend but it was only suppositions since Harry always offered good reasons to explain how he got hurt. They all knew it was nothing but lies.

Liam was the most concerned one since he knew that the beatings were from Harry's dad. Niall didn't figured it out yet, he always thought Harry was bullied at school but the truth was so worst than that.

Just to Harry's luck, it started raining before he could reach the brick building. He was used to be out of luck, it was nothing new. He dragged his wet feet inside and after multiple efforts, he finally reached his locker, with Liam and Niall waiting on each side of it.

Niall was wearing a nice white shirt with beige trousers. Harry noticed that he got his bleach redone during the weekend. His gorgeous blue eyes were standing out even more now. Harry always found Niall attractive but never told him. It's not things guys should tell each others.

As he saw Harry approaching he smiled, showing all of his white teeth at the same time. Harry spent the next hour listening to Liam and Niall talking about everything and nothing. He wasn't the one to talk as usual. Harry was teached to stay quiet. His dad didn't like the sound of his voice so he wasn't allowed to talk most of the time at home.

Liam took a cupcake from his bag and offered half of it to Harry. Liam was smart, he noticed that Harry was getting skinnier these days so he always brings more food so he can share with Harry. His friend took the cupcake with a slight smile on his face. It wasn't a real happy smile, but at least he smiled.

After the last class of the day, Harry's anxiety was rising. He took a moment in the bathroom to compose himself. He knew what going back home meant and he was terrified. But he couldn't let his friends know that so he pour cold water in his shaking hands and before puting some in his face while taking a deep breath.

- Are you alright mate? You look a bit shaken off.

- I'm alright.

Harry answered Niall in a quiet voice. Niall knew Harry was lying to him and he hated it.

That night Harry's dad released his anger on his son for about fifteen minutes before locking him in his room. Harry cleaned the blood on his face before going to bed, depressed and hurt, reading Liam's and Niall's goodnight text. If only they knew, Harry told himself before falling asleep without eating.