Part 13

Vote

Comment

Share

--

Jason's Point of View.

I look down at the beautiful angel sleeping peacefully on my chest. She looks so perfect.

I hadn't even noticed the smile on my face till now. It feels weird, to smile. Unnatural. Yet I can't stop.

She soon starts to stir and her (y/e/c) orbs start to unfurl. She notices me watching her, she smiles.

"Morning." She whispers groggily.

"Morning." I reply.

She takes in a deep breath and snuggles in closer to my chest.

"Last night was fun." She says.

"Definitely." I kiss the top of her head, taking in the sweet scent of her shampoo.

"I better get up." She says, moving to her side of the bed.

"Nooo." I whine, pulling her back. I wrap my arms around her stomach and arms so she can't move. My chest up against her back.

"Jason." She giggles trying to pry my arms off her. I love it when she says my name.

"Just stay a little longer." I place my lips upon her shoulder.

"Fine." She gives in.

I pull the covers up to keep her warm.

***

I reach out in front of me in search of (y/n), I grasp nothing.

Opening my eyes I see I'm alone. I pull back the covers and collect my clothes that are scatted around the room. Putting them on, I head out in search of (y/n).

Turning the kitchen corner, I spot (y/n) in front of the stove wearing only a blue silk robe. I decide to just watch her.

Eventually she turns around and reacts startled but then smiles.

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" She asks kindly.

"Great."

"Good. I made bacon and eggs." She hands me a plate.

"Thanks." I hesitantly kiss her forehead, not knowing if that was the right thing to do. Seemed to be as she blushed.

Taking my plate, I walk over to the table and sit down.

"So, what time do you think you'll be back by tonight?" She asks as she places a jug of orange juice on the table.

"Late. Maybe 2."

I continue eating.

"Promise me you'll be safe?"

I look up to see her eyes filled with concern and worry.

"I promise." I reach across and stroke her hand.

"Don't do anything unnecessarily risky. And please wear the bullet proof vest, I know you normally take it off. And-"

"Shh. (y/n), I'm going to be fine." I sooth her.

She sighs and nods.

"Thanks for making breakfast. I appreciate it."

"No problem." She smiles.

There's that smile.

We go back to eating. The occasional few words of conversation or so.