Part 17

Your Point of View.

The chemicals start to wear off and I take in my surroundings. I'm in a truck, my hands tied and a duct tape wrapped around my mouth. I start looking for a way to escape. Nothing. There's no equipment anywhere.

Suddenly, the truck stops. This is the end.

I push myself as far as I can to the wall of the truck, as far away from the door. Footsteps sound around the outside of the vehicle. Then the door opens.

"Ah, you're awake." Tony smiles.

My heart rate increases as I continue to back up as far as I can.

"Come here." He steps inside and drags me towards him.

'Stop, don't, let me go.' I try and say but the duct tape muffles it.

"Sorry, what was that?" He chuckles, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Mhm mmhmmm." I mumble.

I hear him open the door to a building and I watch the floor turn from pavement to concrete tiles. He slams me down to the hard floor. Pain immediately spreads all around my body. Before I can adjust, he lifts me up again and sits me on a fold out chair, tying my hands behind me. The typical kidnapped girl scene.

"Hello precious." He smirks, ripping the tape off my mouth. It hurts for a second then leaves a tingling sensation.

"Just wait till Jason gets here. He'll-"

"He'll do what? Do you actually think he's coming? After you decided to run away and leave him? You have high hopes darling." He laughs.

"What are you talking about?" My eyebrows furrow.

He squats down in front of me. "I'm talking about how you decided Jason wasn't worth it. How you drove the other way instead of going to iHop. How you're not running away with him, you're running away from him."

"He would never believe that."

"If it was coming from you he would. Don't you remember the message you sent him?"

"What message?" I ask through grit teeth.

He pulls my phone out of his pocket. "Dear Jason. I'm sorry, I can't do this. It's way too risky. I really wish it didn't have to end like this but it must. I won't forget you, but I have to go. I'm sorry."

My eyes brim with tears.

"Do you want to know what his reply was?"

"N-no. No I don't." I can't bare to hear how this hurt him.

"Okay then." He puts the phone away.

"W-what are you going to do to with me?" My lip quivers.

"Whatever I please." He grins. My eyes widen.

Jason's Point of View.

I can't believe I was that stupid. Stupid to believe someone was willing to give up everything, for me. I mean look at me, I'm pathetic. I'm sitting in a bar, alone. Feeling sorry for myself. Sorry that I can't be more than who I am. A criminal. So deep in love yet so deep in crime. I guess it's better that she's not with me. She's safer. She deserves so much better. So much that I can't give her. I can't give her safety, security, certainty. Griff's right, I don't know what I ever thought could come from this. She'd never marry me, I'm not marriage material. I could never be a father, I wouldn't know how. I wouldn't be able to be there for a family, Griff would never let me out of the gang.

I finish the remaining liquid in my beer bottle.

"Another one sir?" The bartender asks.

I nod. I start to feel the effects of the alcohol take place.

The chime on the door sounds and someone steps in.

"Beer thanks." His voice sounds tired and worn out, yet familiar.

I check to see who it is.

"Chris?" I ask groggily, slurring a little.

"Jason? Fuck, I've been looking for you everywhere." He sounds relieved.

"If you're here to talk about (y/n), I don't want to here it." I sigh.

"Ah, so you know." He says sadly and takes a seat.

"What happened to your face?" I ask noticing the cuts and bruises around it.

"Punch up, East side." He grumbles. "Dude, I'm really sorry about (y/n)." He lays a hand on my shoulder.

The barman places the beers in front of us.

"What can I do?" I shrug.

"You're not going after her?" Chris asks as he pays the man.

"What's the point?" I take a swig of the bottle.

"She's the love of your life?"

"Yeah, but I'm not hers." I roll the bottle between my palms.

"Dude, what are you talking about? She loves you. She needs you right now." He nudges my shoulder.

"Why would she need me? She left."

"What are you talking about? I really don't think you know what I'm talking about." He takes the beer out of my hands.

"What are you talking about then?" I ask confused.

"The fact that East side kidnapped (y/n)?"

My heart stops for a second. "W-what?"

"Yeah, they followed the van. I got out, they attacked me and I watched as Tony took (y/n) and drove off. I couldn't help her. I'm sorry. But what did you think happened?"

"That she left. She drove off without me because she couldn't be with me."

"That's not what happened." He shakes his head.

"We have to find her. Lets go." I jump up, fixing up my jacket.

"Where do we look?" He asks, standing up.

"Everywhere."