Chapter 5

Jayden's P.O.V.

"Come on, Jay. Get up or I'm leaving you behind." I heard Jughead say.

I groaned and toss back my blankets. Once I got dressed in my red plaid jacket over a light gray tank top and some sweats. I was too tired to look for jeans and they were being washed.

As I walked out to the living room I noticed that my combat boots were gone.

"Dad? Where're my boots?" I ask as my father was sitting on the couch eating cereal.

"I don't know. Just take your old converses, you're going to be late." He said.

I stormed back into my room and started flipping through everything. Checking every crack of my room. I even checked the trash bin that smelled nasty as I was checking through the trash I had to plug my nose or I would gag.

"Jay, I'm leaving!!" Jughead exclaimed.

"I thought I told you that I would be done when I find my boots!!" I yelled back.

I heard footsteps near my doorway and I look towards the person who was standing in my doorway.

"Why are you even looking for those boots anyway?" Jughead asks.

"Because they're the only nice pair of shoes I have," I said.

"And?" Jughead asks. I stood up and stared at him.

"And?" I ask.

"And were going to be late. Plus there just shoes." He said.

I pushed passed him as I walked out of my room and into the bathroom.

"There not just shoes!! I had them since I was 5!!" I exclaimed as I slammed the door on him.

I knelt down and looked through the cabinet underneath the sink.

The door opened, "Why are you looking under the sink?" FP asks.

I went to stand up and I hit the back of my head against the top of the cabinet.

I rubbed the back of my head as I stood up.

"I'm just reorganizing." I said. FP walked in the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

"You know that you're not going to find your shoes in here. Right?" FP asks.

"Yeah, I know I'm just making sure I didn't leave them in here when I took a shower." I said.

"Jay, Jughead already left, kid. Your going to be late for school. Why can't I just go to the store and buy you new ones?" FP asks.

I pushed pasted him, I knew that my father was following me because I could hear his big heavy footsteps behind me.

"What's so special about the boots?" FP asks.

I stopped near the box of things I had in Melissa's trailer. I picked up the box and walked to the couch. Putting the box down before reaching over to the coffee table to grab the picture of Penny and I on the tire swing.

"Blue Jay, your already late for school. I can run down to the store and-"

I stood up and stared at the picture.

"I don't want new shoes!!" I exclaimed.

"Then wear your converses. It's that simple." FP said.

"It's not that simple!!" I yelled.

"Why isn't it, I'm trying to get you to school and you are arguing with me about stupid shoes." FP said.