Chapter 16 (Final Chapter)

Jayden's P.O.V

I left the Ghoulies house when I woke up at dawn. Little pieces of sunlight were already starting to spiral in from the window of the apartment.

I was dreading having to go back home, but knowing that chaos could break out at any moment. I had to be prepared for anything.

Instead of going to the trailer, I went to Pop's where I had my morning breakfast. It consisted of one buttermilk pancake, hashbrowns, and extra mini pancakes.

Pop Tate smiled before he sat the plate in front of me. He then sat in the booth across from me and watched as I ate a few pieces of my pancake before beginning a conversation.

"I have watched you grow up before my very eyes, Jayden." He said in a caring voice. "I know life has been rough for you."

"Yeah. The only thing that hasn't changed around here is you." I said. "You don't look a day over forty."

Pop laughed, smiling before going back to work when the bell over the door rang.

I finished up with my food and paid, I felt my phone buzzed in my pocket so I got it out and answered.

"What's up, Archie?" I ask as I left Pops, I leaned against Pops.

"I was wondering if you want to help me with something?" He asks.

"I'm all ears, what do you need help with?" I ask.

"Do you want to go door to door with me and help with my dad's campaign?" He asks.

"Of course I will. I'll meet you in a few." I said before ending the call.

So the two of us went door to door, trying to get people to vote for Fred.

Archie knocked on someone's door and then they came out.

"Hi, sir." Archie started.

"Are you two here for the mayoral election?" The person asked.

"Yeah, we're here to help out my friend, Archie, his father is running for Mayor," I said.

"Well, I'm already voting for someone." The person said.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you voting for?" I ask.

"Hermione Lodge." They said.

"Sir, do you realize that Hermione Lodge is probably going to tear Riverdale apart?" I ask. "The Lodges are going to mess this town up. Are you sure that's who you want in charge?"

"Yep." The person said before going back inside.

"Come on, we got more people," Archie said as we moved on.

After we finished with the mayoral campaign stuff, we went to school.

I was in the gym locker area when I heard something going on, so being curious I decided to investigate.

The boys looked me up and down when I entered, Chuck was oblivious of what I was doing in there. I just stood and listened, I didn't care if there were a bunch of shirtless guys in there, I was there to see what was up.

I heard something about the Dark Circle and had a bad feeling about it, so I excused myself and went about my day.

~
After school, I went to the Serpent's meeting that was being held in an empty classroom. Jughead was standing at the front of the classroom when I entered. I saw Toni and smiled and went to sit by her as my brother started his lecture.

"War Baby called my father in ShankShaw," Jughead said. "Her old adversaries, the Ghoulies, had been released. Word on the street is that they want Serpent blood."