Chapter 14

Jayden's P.O.V.

My phone buzzed as I waited for the rest of the cast and crew of Carrie: The Musical to come to the auditorium. I looked at it and smiled, it was from Chuck.

From Chuck: Do you know where auditions are?

I texted back that they were in the auditorium and put my phone back, just in time to listen to the cast introduce themselves.

"I'm Kevin Keller and I am the director." Kevin said as everyone looked at me.

"I am Jayden Jones and I am the assistant stage manager." I said.

Everything was set and it was time for the interviews. As people walked around the stage, helping each other with lines. Jughead was doing interviews and Toni walked up to me.

"So, when are you going to tell Jug that you and Chuck are dating?" She asks as I shook my head.

"I don't know. I think things are too hectic with the musical right now to tell him. Plus I think Jug would start being mean to Chuck." I said as Toni snickered.

"Mean? I don't think Jughead would be mean. Would he be protective, sure I can see that. But purposely being mean doesn't sound like Jug." She said.

"Your right. But when should I tell him?" I ask as she thought for a moment.

How about right now. Since he's done with interviews for the moment." She said as she patted me on the back. "Good luck."

I laughed before walking up to Jughead. He was putting the camera away for the moment.

"What's up?" Jughead asks as I sat next to him.

"I'm dating Chuck and I know your going to act all protective and stuff. Please don't. Because I can handle my own stuff and break ups." She said.

He smiled and threw one of his arms around me giving me a side hug.

"As long as your happy, I'm fine with it." He said. "How are you doing on being the assistant manager?"

"Doing good, I actually love bossing people around and making sure they're where they're suppose to be." I said.

"Don't get used to it. It's only for the musical. Then we're back to being the loners of the school." He said.

I looked at him for a second, for all of our lives we've been looked at as the kids from the other side of the tracks.  Me, as the  girl who was brainwashed, And Jughead, the boy whose family was torn apart at the seams but, still had a part of it near him secretly.

We've never got the leads in a play, courage to audition or, try out for a sport. Because we already had a name for ourselves. Southside Serpents is what we were born into. The Serpents blood runs through our veins like no other. That's what we are.

But for me, things were different. I was the princess of the Ghoulies and the Serpents. And if the Serpents knew about the relationship I had with Malachai, all hell would break loose. Because they would think I picked a side.

"Your right, but maybe this time it's different." She said.

"People always say that. It never happens." He said.

Jughead got his camera set for more behind the scenes parts and I joined Kevin as we watched the rest of the auditions.

The chairs were formed in a circle, each person had a script. Each individual script had highlighted who had what line.

Kevin opened his script, only to be interrupted by no other than, Cheryl.

"Before we begin," the red hair started.