Chapter 6

Jayden's P.O.V.

Malachai gave me a ride back to FP's place so that I could grab my bike at 4 in the morning. I was going to ride my bike over to the school to sneak in and watch Chuck at his wrestling match.

"Text me when you're at the school, so I know your safe," Malachai said before revving up his bike.

"Of course I will," I said.

The Ghoulie boy smiled, "I'll see ya later, love." He said. "See ya," I said as he rode off on his bike.

I took my bike and rode all the way to the mill, even know that I promised Jughead I wouldn't go back. I have some things I need to get done there.

When I got to the mill I got off my bike and snuck in the way I got out that one night that I almost got caught.

There were three buckets of brown paint. Sitting there next to the mural that I've spray painted over the past few years. I put my hair up in a ponytail and took off my Serpent Jacket. Rolling up the sleeves of my flannel shirt before prying the cans of paint open.

I dumped the paint into the paint tray and took the roller brush. I rolled the roller back and forth until it was coated in brown paint and rolled it onto the wall. The paint was covering up the mural that I painted.

A couple of hours later, I finally finished painting the mural. Throwing the cans of paint in the recycling bin outside of a gas station after I washed them out. I also took a shower to make sure I got all the dried paint off me.

After that, I drove all the way to Betty's to borrow some clothes. I parked my bike outside and walked up the steps, knocked on the door.

Alice answered the door, "Good Morning, Jayden. How may I help you?" She asks.

"I was wondering if I can borrow some clothes from Betty again. I know I haven't gotten the other stuff that I borrowed back to her yet. But a friend of mine invited me to a school event that's happening in an hour or so. It might be a few minutes." I said.

"Of course, Betty is out with Veronica if you want me to give her a call and tell her that you're here," Alice said.

"There's no need to, Mrs. Cooper. I've been fighting with my father, FP, lately so I-I basically cut myself off from talking to him. No offense to Betty, but I know she would likely tell him that I was here." I said as I shook my head.

"Alright then, I'll be down in the kitchen if you need anything, feel free to yell if you do need anything." She said.

I nodded as I made my way up the stairs in into Betty's room. I stole some of Betty's overalls and took out my ponytail. I put Betty's overalls on, Chuck texted me.

Chuck: The match is in a couple of minutes or so. I hope to see ya there.

I smiled and texted back that I would try to, once I finished getting dressed. I tossed my shirt into the laundry and walked downstairs.

"Did you find everything fine?" Alice asks.

"Yes, and thank you again," I said.

"No problem. If you need a place to stay at all, you are free to stay here." Alice said.

"Thanks, um, I gotta go. So, thank you for letting me stop by." I said.

Alice smiles, "Your welcome." She said before going back to the kitchen to work on something.

I walked over to the front door and opened it. Walking out to my bike and putting on my helmet.