twenty eight

Kyle sits at the kitchen table, tapping along to the song on the radio. He's anxious for Dan to arrive, but he's also excited. The pair are going out for the day with his mother. It's been nearly a week since the two became an official "couple" basically meaning that everyone at school knows about them.

At first they were nervous. With their small town word travels so fast, and everyone knows everyone's business. Dan's told him rumors and gossip of people he doesn't even know.

After talking it over though, the pair don't care who knows. They like each other, maybe even love, so why hide?

"Are you excited?" His mom asks, sitting next to him at the table. Despite her warm smile, Kyle can see how visibly warm down she is. Since moving she's had twelve hour night shifts in the hospital.

Elise loves her job, and she's glad the two have moved, but she's exhausted. She hates by the time she gets home from work Kyle's already asleep. Her little boy is growing up right in front of her, and she barely has time to stop and appreciate it.

"Yeah I am. You two haven't really met yet." He laughs. They've met, but Elise was just getting in from work, so it doesn't really count.

"I'm excited to meet lover boy's boy." She laughs, watching as his cheeks go red.

"'Mum stop!" He can't hide his embarrassment, laughing nervously. This is his first time ever dating.

Dan knocks on the door, excited and nervous to be spending the day with Kyle and Elise.

The door opens and he's face to face with Kyle.

"Hey." Kyle grins, letting him in the house. He's met with Elise hugging him tightly. She pulls away, smiling wide as she formally introduces herself.

"Nice to officially meet you." He says, shaking her hand, the both of them laughing.

The three start first by going to downtown Portland. This is Elise's first time outside of their suburban neighborhood, and she's glad to spend it with the boys.

She can't hold back the smile as they walk just in front of her. Every time Kyle so much as smiles she can't help but smile.

A smile was a very rare occurrence before the two moved. She remembers the days where Kyle would beg her to let him stay home due to the kids at school.

And now it seems as if he can't stop smiling.

After walking downtown, the three go to a Tex-next restaurant to Dan's recommendation. Dan can't stop laughing while Kyle ordered the 'tacos habana'. Something about it just sounded wrong, which then made Kyle get embarrassed, which then resulted in him, Elise, and the waiter laughing.

They spend the rest of the day wondering around the big city, stopping in some of the stores.

If someone has told Kyle that he would be spending a day in Portland with his mom and his boyfriend two years ago, he would've laughed. He looks to his mother who looks back at him. Neither can stop smiling, and neither want to.

Hey guys!! I'm gonna start updating this and Madrid again because I've really missed writing! I'm hoping that there are still people willing to read :D