Bowling

Calum's POV.

I lock the door behind me and start to walk to Luke's house.

I snag my phone from my back pocket and punch in Jules number. She picks up after 3 rings. "Hey Ju-Ju!" I say happily kicking a rock onto the grass.

"Hi." She says blankly, I hear fumbling in the background.

"How are you?" I ask, she has been hiding something, I know it. Somehow I feel it is my fault.

"I could be better..." She trails off and I hear a door open and muffled voices. "Why is that." I turn the corner, 3 blocks away from Luke's house.

"First, you can't tell anyone this...not even Hayden." She sharpens her voice. "Of course." I nod.

"The reason why I was all closed out, is because when I was talking to Ben out front at the party..." She coughs a bit and continues. I stop on the side walk and plug my other ear to hear her better.

"Well, since he doesn't trust me, that we are just friends. Or any guys really, I broke up with him." She finishes and I can here her gulp.

"I'm so sorry, I feel like this is all my fault." Though I am happy to hear that she is now single.

"Nah, he is kind of a dick, I mean we are best friends, not anywhere near lovers!" She laughs, I continue walking once again and let out a breathy laugh. That hurts just a little bit.

" Well, to get your mind off of Ben, do you maybe, want to go out tonight? Friend way of course." I stumble on my words and continue walking to Luke's house.

"Ahh, sure. That is so sweet of you Cal. This is why we are besties." She laughs and I join in. If only she knew... we could be more than friends.

"Is 7 okay?" I ask as I round the corner of Luke's street.

"Perfect. Thanks for being amazing as always Calum!" Jules laughs and says goodbye hanging up the phone right as I head up to Luke's front door.

"Welcome." Luke opens his door and steps aside, letting me in.

I plop down on his couch with a huff. "What's up?" He asks sitting beside be and turning on his Xbox.

"Well I am hanging with Jules tonight...but she has made it clear we are just friends and only friends. It sucks." I say as I grab a remote and we start to play. A couple minutes later, Luke's phone rings, blaring Blink on the highest volume. He looks at the screen and quickly answers it.

"Hey babe!" Its Hayden. His face lights up when she starts talking on the other line. "Yeah. Of course." He hangs up and tells me to start up the game.

"What did she want?" I ask, shooting a bot in the face, moving on.

"She wanted to come over." I hear a gun shot, seeing he shot one as well.

"And...." I trail off, running through the abandoned house. I get out my sniper and crouch down behind the window.

"I said yes." He shrugs. I focus in on the ground below. "Bye cal." Scrunching my eyebrows together confused, I look at his screen. His player is knifing mine in the back. "You suck." I laugh, pausing the game as the doorbell rings. Luke shoots up, practicality running to the door. Hayden walks through the opening of the door, smiling from ear to ear. Luke leans in kissing her hungrily on the lips.

"I missed you." Hayden smiles pecking him on the lips again before walking to me. "Hey Cal! I didn't know you were here." She sits next to me.

"Hi." I reply giving her a side hug.