The Only Reason

Hayden's POV.

It was 2 in the morning and I called Luke. Why? Don't ask me.

"Luke."

"What?" He sounded tired. Of course he is. Its two in the morning.

"I can't sleep. " I stated sitting up in my bed.

"Yeah. Well I just was." He laughs. There's some moving around and then I say something.

"Can you meet me at the park?" I rush out. He chuckles, "Why not. I'm already up. I'll be there in 10 minutes." He chuckles and hangs up. I smile to myself and throw come clothes on. I put my beanie on my head and climb out my window. I only have one floor in my house so its pretty easy to sneak out. After walking for about 5 minutes I reach the park. I walk to the swings and look around. I never realized how beautiful this town is.

"Hey." I hear from behind me and know its Luke.

"Hi." I don't turn around, I just sit there. He sits on the swing next to me. "I've never seen you with your hair up before." He states and I smile. " I've never seen that tattoo either." He reaches his hand out and touches the skin below my ear. I forgot I had a tattoo there.

"A rose. That's cute." He chuckles. I look at him and smile.

"How did you convince your parents to let you get that?" Luke touches it once more, I slightly turn my head to let him get a better view.

"One night Juliet and I dared each other to get a tattoo on our necks, so I got a rose, and she got "Let it Be" on hers." I turned and started to swing, pushing and pulling my legs to get myself moving.

"I really want to get a lip piercing, but I know my mom will say no." Luke admitted swinging himself.

"Try and ask her,and if you don't like it, you can just take it out!" I suggested turning my head to him.

"Maybe I will." He contemplated.

"So why did you bring me here, this early." He asked slowing down. I followed and stopped swinging, my speed slowly declining.

"I don't really know, but it, truly is beautiful." I looked at the full moon and the stillness of the early morning.

"It is..." Luke said and I turned to him. He was already looking at me. Like magnets, I leaned forward, "Screw school" I thought. Luke leaned forward as well, We were centimetres apart, I could feel his warm breath on my skin. Then..."WHACK" I fell off the swing and landed with a hard thud. Luke looked at me and I cracked up laughing.

"I am smooth." I dusted off my pants.

I realised we almost kissed, which made this a bit awkward as Luke got up, and walked towards me.

I thought he was going to kiss me, so I braced myself.

"You got...some wood chips in your hair." He pulled out some wood and tossed it on the ground.

"Wow, thanks." I said and started walking.

Luke and I continued walking through the park. It was silent for a good 5 minutes, we enjoyed each others company, and walked under the moon.

"So, I've known you for a good amount of time..." Luke trailed off.

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

"What is your favourite colour?" He asked.

I giggled at his stupid question.

"Hmmm,blue" I responded.

"Cool, mine is blue too!" He responded.