King of the Douchebags

Juliet's POV:

Popular.

A word defined in the dictionary as:

Liked, admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group:

Which I'm not. That's why I work at the library. I work here because 1. None of "them" come here. 2. I like to read. 3. My best friend Hayden works here also.

"Okay your books will be due back on 6/1/2014. " I said to a little girl with pigs tails. "Thank you!" She jumped with excitement, giggled and ran off. All the books that needed to be checked back in were right behind me and Hayden was putting books back on the shelves, so I walked over to the cart and started punching the numbers into the computer.

'I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world my life is plastic its fantastic.' My phone rang through the library, I looked around to see everyone in the room glaring at me. Damn you Hayden for changing my ringtone. I answer the phone without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe." The person on the other line said. I started to panic because I didn't know who it was, then I realized...derrr I have a boyfriend.

"Hey Ben."

"I'll be there in 5. We have a date tonight." I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion, we never had a date planned.

"Does Ashton know we're going out because he'll kill me if-"

"No. But its a surprise. You'll be home when your home." He cut me off I said a quick goodbye and hung up.

"King of the douchebags again?" Hayden laughed and leaned against the counter.

"Haha very funny. And his name is Ben." I snapped. She calls him that all of the time, but I don't know why. I started getting all of my stuff together and heard a car horn. I knew it was him because he never comes into the library, he hates it here. "And speak of the devil..." Hayden taunted to me, wheeling the book cart to the next isle. "Whatever," I sighed rolling my eyes "Talk to ya later bitch!" I said as I grabbed my phone and stuffed an immense amount of books into my bag, throwing it over my shoulder. Hayden waved once more and I started out of the library. "Shit!" I said realising that I forgot my wallet on the counter halfway down the stairs. I peered into Ben's car and he held up his wrist pointing to a watch that wasn't there. I motioned to him to give me a second with my fingers and bolted back inside a grabbed my wallet. Not even a minute later I heard one loud droning honk coming from outside. "Looks like prince charming is getting a little impatient." Hayden scoffed while continuing to stack books. I just ran outside again and jumped down the stairs, like I always did and opened the car door. "Sorr-" I began to say but was cut off by Ben's clearly annoyed voice, "I've been waiting here forever, god you and your stupid books!" Ben spoke while starting to drive. I just stayed quiet, it being my best option. I watched the yellow lines on the road move as we did.

That was chapter 1!!! Hoped all of you guys liked it! We know it was short but we will write longer ones when this book starts getting more popular. But anyways, we will update soon!