Part fívé

The reporter gives a half smile and says

"well Taylor I think we are looking forward to this album!"

I'm done. I have to go see Ed now.

Austin comes over and we walk back to my dressing room. "Taylor you need to calm down. I am sure everything is fine. You can't go into the hospital forsaking out... Ok?"

I just stare at him. How can I not freak out? My best friend is hurt and I don't know what is even going on.

"Fine." I say looking at my shoes.

Wow my ankle is really swollen and ugly. But I sure it's just sprained.

Austin and I walk to his car and we get in.

"What hospital is it at?" I ask. Austin. He stops the car and looks at me. "Oh my God."

I look at him. "You have no idea do you?" I say angry. I pick up my phone and call Imogen Ed's mom, she picks up and says a weary "hello". I say in the calmest voice "Hi are you with Ed?"

She takes a moment to reply "no dear, I was hoping you would be.. I can't get to him I am in Alaska."

I pause then say "I am trying to be with him but I do not know what hospital he is at".

She tells me the name and address of the hospital.

Austin speeds there not paying attention to any traffic signs or lights.

When we arrive at the hospital I run in and Austin parks the car.

I hurry over to the desk and ask the nurse where Ed is. "Are you family?" I knew if I said no I I wouldn't be able to see I'm so I said "yes I'm his wife."

She leads me into a room and he is there.

He looks awful all beaten up and sick. I walk over to his bedside and hold his hand.

He is either asleep or unconscious. Maybe both.

Then suddenly his eyes open and he whispers something.