O1

Adrianne

Adrianne sat back and watched as Jaelen made a complete fool out of herself. She actually laughed to herself when Brandon took the baby and walked off.

"I think I’m going to like this new guy. If he was able to tell Jaelen of like that, he must can do wonders." Adrianne laughed at her other best friend Jeremy as he finished his little rant.

"Don’t let Jaelen hear you say that. You know she’s never scared to knock you upside the head." Adrianne warned.

"You act like she really paying any attention to me. She still stuck in that same spot. C’mon girl, let me help you get to class." Jeremy said as he walked over and took Jaelen by the hand.

Jaelen can be a little clueless at times, so Adrianne made a point of reminding herself to tell Jaelen a little more about Brandon. It seems like everybody knows but her. Adrianne just shook her head as she realized she didn’t hear Mr. Combs say who her partner was. She walked over to where he was standing and gently tapped his shoulder.

"Mr. Combs, I think you forgot about me." Adrianne said sweetly as she pushed her hair behind her ears.

"I wouldn’t do that. Your partner is Kaleb James." Adrianne was shocked when she seen that he had put her up with Kaleb.

Kaleb was one of those people who most would call “the popular guy” or “the jock.” He was the quarterback for the football team and ever since he came to this school, they’ve been winning almost every game.

Every girl wanted him. Every dude was a little jealous, but that was only shown when he walked by their girl and she tried to run off with Kaleb.

He probably didn’t remember, but Adrianne and Kaleb used to play together as small kids. Her grandmother used to run a daycare back in the day and his mother brought him faithfully.

As they got older, Adrianne started to have a crush on Kaleb. She never told him because back then she was Big Adri. She was the little fat girl who liked to hang with the boys. There was no way she thought Kaleb would like her.

She definitely threw away that crush when Kaleb went to go live with his dad. She felt as though there wasn’t a point of liking someone who’s leaving and won’t be around for what she thought would be a while.

They bumped into each other once in the hallway, but no words were exchanged.

"But… Why?" Adrianne asked more to herself than Mr. Combs.

"There’s a reason for everything." Mr. Combs said ask he winked. He walked away leaving Adrianne to fend for herself.

"Where are you Kaleb?" Adrianne thought to herself as she scanned the room to see Kaleb in the back of the class sleeping peacefully.

Adrianne took her time as she walked over and gently rubbed the back of his head. Kaleb arose from his slumber as he looked around to see nobody in class.

"Did the bell ring?" He asked wiping his eyes.

"Yeah, and you might want to leave before you’re late to class." And with that, the late bell had rang. Luckily Adrianne was an Office Aid this period.

"Shit." Kaleb mumbled under his breath. He knew his coach was going to be on his ass at practice if he heard he was late on the first day back.

"Don’t worry about it. You can just come to the office with me and I can get you a pass." Adrianne said sweetly as she walked over to see what babies had been left .

"What are you doing?" Kaleb asked. He was confused on why she was still here instead of taking him to the office.

"Oh yeah, we’re working on a project together. That’s really the only reason how I knew you were sleep. Mr. Combs says we have to be husband and wif-"

"Oh, I know about all of that. I went to sleep before he could say who my partner was. I didn’t think it would a be an old friend." Kaleb said with a smirk.

"Old friend… you still consider me a friend?" Adrianne said nervously.

"Yeah, why wouldn’t I?" Kaleb questioned. He knew he never really said anything to her, but he thought they was still cool.

"No reason…" She said as they picked out their child. Adrianne figured Kaleb would want a "little Kaleb" running around, so she picked out a little boy and named him KJ.

"You know, even if this is only fake, I’m glad my wife and the mother of my child is you." Kaleb said with a wink as they walked down the hallway. Adrianne felt as though her shoes were glued to the floor as she watched him walk into the office.

"You coming?" Kaleb asked sticking his head out the door.

"Yeah…" Adrianne said pushing her hair behind her ear and walking into the office.