15

"Coach is going to chew my ass out. I'm going to do so many bear crawls, a nigga won't be able to walk for months." Kaleb whined for the umpteenth time. They had been sitting in SAC for over three hours now.

"Nigga, Shut the fuck up! Don't nobody want to hear you whinin' and shit." Jeremy yelled.

"Bitch, make me shut up." Kaleb growled. The two tried to run up on each other again.

"Sit down gentlemen. You're lucky you both aren't getting suspended. Don't make it worse for yourself." The SAC teacher said without looking up from his newspaper. The two sat back down not removing their eyes from each other.

"What y'all beefin' for anyway? What happened?" Jaelen asked. Jeremy and Kaleb started talking at the same time which led to more arguing.

"Ok! That's enough." Adrianne yelled as she grew tired of everything that was going on.

"Since all this is mainly about you, how about you tell us what happened?" Adrianne stood back and pointed a finger at Tiana, who had been silent this whole time.

"You ain't got to do all that, Adrianne." Jeremy sneered.

"And when did you become Captain save-a-bitch? Please, let me know." Jaelen retorted.

"Now... answer."

"Kaleb didn't harm me in any type of way. He actually helped me. My ex, Tyler, choked me and was really about to kill me until Kaleb knocked him unconscious." She stated looking down as she talked.

"And you couldn't say that shit earlier?" Jeremy spat.

"Did you let me talk or did you just start screaming and wanting to fight everybody? I constantly told you both to stop, but you didn't listen. Don't try and blame me for your actions." Tiana snapped. Jaelen and Adrianne laughed as they slapped hands with each other.

Jeremy sat back mumbling as Tiana rolled her eyes and moved away from him. She didn't ask him to be her hero, but some kind of way he's always there. Adrianne went to her seat as she shook her head at Kaleb. He looked her up and down before looking away.

"I see you're still not talking to me." She said sitting next to him.

"I don't talk to people who keep secrets from their friends"

"We haven't talked in years Kaleb. We really aren't friends."

"We're still friends in my book. Why did you feel you couldn't tell me that."

"I don't tell everybody about Kehari and I don't talk about her father anymore. It keeps people out of my business."

"I can understand that then..." Kaleb said as he blew out a breath.

"You know you was wrong for what you said, right?"

"What did I say?"

"I didn't do anything she didn't want me to." Adrianne cut her eyes at him.

"It was true though."

"All you had to say was no."

"To my defe-"

"Well look what we have here." Coach Young's voice boomed throughout the room.

"James! Smith! Get your asses on that football field now! We are about to have so much fun." Kaleb and Brandon looked at each other as they hauled ass out the class with Coach Young on their tail.

'

"So how was it?" Jaelen laughed. Brandon smacked his lips at her excitement.

"Man... Coach got me so sore I don't know if I can go to dance practice." He blew out a breath as he looked at Jaelen through FaceTime.

"I mean... you can't dance anyway." She joked.

"Don't play." Brandon said as he did a small move as they both laughed.

"What do you have planned for the rest of the week though? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"You just seen me today."

"You know what I mean." Jaelen pouted.

"I'm just playing with you, baby. I am going to be busy for the rest of the week. I have an interview with the Breakfast Club in the morning. I have meetings and appearances and 106 ..."

"I understand. We'll just meet up another time."

"You know I'm not trying to ignore you, right. I have to do this stuff for my career."

"I understand, Brandon. What are you going to do about school and football?"

"I already talked to Coach and I ain't really worried about my teachers. You know they sweet on a brother." He Diddy bopped and winked. They both laughed.

"Alright, bae. Let me head on to practice."

"A'ight, boo."

I know this chapter is short. I haven't written in a long time and I'm just getting my juices flowing. Kaleb in the m/m