O9

Adrianne

"Are you fucking kidding me…" Adrianne thought as the clock seemed to be racing with her thoughts.

"It won’t be too long before you’re in Kale- , I mean detention." Jeremy said as him and Jaelen laughed. Ever since Adrianne told them the entire story of what went down, they’ve been poking fun at her.

"Stop playing Jeremy. You was right the first time." Jaelen said as the cracked up again. Adrianne did a fake laugh as she frowned upon their childish jokes.

"You’ve always had a crush on him. You know we both know. You just acting stubborn as hell." Jaelen said as she gathered her stuff together.

"I know you’re not talking. Have you forgotten everything that has happened with you and Brandon?" Adrianne said mugging Jaelen.

" ‘cue me!" We’ve been getting along. We sort of had a date this past weekend, but you know my brother had to fuck shit up." Jaelen said rolling her eyes.

"We know he had to do something to come to school with that black ass eye. They was messing with him in Athletics this morning. You wrong!" Jeremy cracked up.

"Shit, he deserved it. He embarrassed me in front of Brandon, Brayden , an-"

"Wait.. My nigga Brayden was there?!" Jeremy said loud as hell.

"Yeah…" Jeremy and Brayden were always close. You know how boys are when it comes to sports. As soon as they found out they were both good in basketball, they became friends.

The bell rang letting them know that their conversation was over.  Sighing, Adrianne grabbed her stuff and slugged her way into detention.

“Why is it so cold in here man?” She heard Kaleb’s raspy voice as she walked in. He was in the corner of the room shivering.

"It’s the coldest room in the building." The man said as he kept reading his newspaper.

Adrianne signed in and took her seat on the other side of the room. She didn’t want Kaleb to have a reason to say anything to her.

"Seriously… Can we move to a different room?" Kaleb asked as he teeth began to shatter. It felt as though a lightbulb went off in her head.

Adrianne got up and went to sit by Kaleb. Luckily, she had an old hoodie in her locker,

"Excuse me. Can I get something out of my locker? It’s right across the hall." The man rolled his eyes, so she took that as a yes. She took her time strolling across the hall. Retrieving the hoodie, she came back and gave it to Kaleb.

"Who’s it it?" He asked, still shivering.

"It doesn’t really matter but an old boyfriend of mine gave it to me." She explained as she tried to put it on him herself. He was being stubborn.

"I’m not wearing another man’s shit." He said with an attitude.

"Unless you’ve forgot, you’re anemic. You need to stay warm. Put the hoodie on and stop whining like a little bitch." She said as she threw it at him. She hardly ever calls anybody a bitch, but he pushed her.

She went back on the other side an pulled out her phone. She played one of Brandon’s tracks as she texted Jaelen. She needed somebody to keep her sane as she stayed in here for two hours.

—————

Adrianne felt someone tapping on her shoulders has she lifted her head off the desk. She looked at her phone to see only thirty minutes had passed.