Chapter Seven

I hadn't seen Mira at school since the day we discovered Mr. Adamson's secret. It had been a full week since then, and I was beginning to get worried that something had happened to her. Of course, as I walked into my history class, my worries went away, as I saw Mira sitting at the back of the class. Relieved, I rushed over to her. 

 "Hey,"she said, nonchalantly. 

 "Hey?" 

 "Hey,"she repeated, though with a deeper voice. 

 "Is that all I'm gonna get?" 

 "What do you mean?" 

 I sighed. There she's goes again, acting all innocent. 

 "Where have you been?! You've been gone for like a week!" 

 "So, what? I've been busy!" 

 "Yeah, busy skipping school." Mira scoffed. 

"Look, I told my father what had happened, and just to be on the safe side, he wanted me to stay home for a while." 

 "And what about me?" 

 "What about you?" 

 "Doesn'the care about my safety?" 

 "Over mine? No." 

 "Rightttt,anyways, what did your father have to say about what we discovered?" 

 "I'll tell you that later, now's not the best time."

 I sighed. "Fine, have it your way." 

 "I will,"she said, adamantly. 

 Seeing as how I wasn't going to get anything out of Mira, I decided to sit down and get on with the rest of the day. Though, again, throughout the school day, I kept noticing that Katlyn had been following me around the school. I wanted to confront her about it, but I figured she was just going to run away, so I ignored her. 

 Unfortunately,ignoring her was about the worst possible thing I could do, as I would later realize, not to mention regret. The reason being, was because, as Mira and I were on our way to her house, a sharp needle-like object pierced into the back of my neck and I started feeling dizzy and my vision became blurred. The effects of which, caused my motor skills to deteriorate and I quickly lost control of my bike and we fell off of it. As we did, my bike skidded along the road, creating sparks. Luckily, the road was empty. Though, it was rather strange that it was, seeing as how it was four in the afternoon. 

 Anyways,as I lay on the hard pavement, I felt around my neck to see what had hit me,and apparently it was a dart. I guessed it was a sleep dart. Mira had one in her neck as well and even though I didn't know for sure who was behind all of this, I had a feeling that it had something to do with Mr. Adamson. 

 "Shit,"I said, angry at the fact, I didn't see this coming. 

 I breathed outwards. I could feel myself slipping away. Falling into unconsciousness. Before I did, I looked around for the culprit, but as I expected, I saw no one. They were probably in hiding, waiting for us to pass.Lucky for them, they didn't have long to wait, as my eyelids closed in on me,only leaving me left with my ears. Though, that too soon went away, as I slowly drifted away, were everything had faded to black, where I wouldn't wake until an undisclosed amount of time later.                   

    As I did, my vision slowly returned to me, or at least, I thought it was. However, even though my vision wasn't blurred, I still had a hard time seeing, as everything was virtually pitch black.