Chapter Thirteen

With the raid having been successful, (in more ways than one) my dad wanted to celebrate my first successful raid, so we went out to eat for dinner the next day. Though, I had to admit that it felt a little weird celebrating something that I felt shouldn't be celebrated. Of course, it's not like I could tell him that, but that didn't mean I wasn't allowed to feel the way I did.

As we got there, I noticed Desmond and his family were here as well, much to my surprise. Apparently, my dad had invited them along as well, which I wish he had not done, seeing as how Desmond was mad at me. Though, I still wasn't sure if he had seen me helping the vampires or not. I just hoped he wouldn't say anything during the dinner.

"Well hello there Millersons," my dad said, as we walked up to their table. "How have you all been?"

"Hello Harrison, we've been good, thanks for asking," Desmond's mother replied. "And yourselves?"

"Pretty good if I do say so myself, especially after last night's raid."

"Yes, Desmond had told me that the raid had been successful. Sorry, we couldn't make it, Tyrone and I had to work late. But we wanted to thank you for looking out for Desmond."

I sat down, at the very big round table. "Of course, of course, anything for a friend," my dad said, as he and my mother and sister sat down.

"So, Eli what did you think of your first raid?" Mrs. Millerson asked.

I faced her. "I thought it wasssss interesting to say the least."

Mrs. Millerson giggled. "Is that all?"

"What do you mean?" I said, confused, as to what she meant.

"Well it's just that even Desmond had more to say about the raid then that. And you know how much he hates being a Huntsmen."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really?" I said, as I looked at him.

"Yup." Desmond shrugged his shoulders.

"Eh, what can I say? The raid really opened my eyes if you know what I mean."

I gulped. Ok, that was it, Desmond had to have seen me. The only question left was, had he told anybody? I didn't know, but I had to get him to talk to me, so I waited until after we both finished eating and then while my parents and his parents were chatting, I asked him if I could talk to him outside and so we both got up and left the restaurant.

"Well?" he said, as he folded his arms.

"Look, I know you saw me helping those vampires and I know that's why your mad."

"Ok, if your already know that then why are we out here?"

"Because I need to know if you told anyone. And if not, are you going to?"

Desmond sighed, letting his arms fall as he did. "No, lucky for you I did not tell anyone."

"Really? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but why?"

"Because, even though I may not like it, or understand why you're doing it, you're still my best friend, not to mention my only friend."

I blinked. "Oh, right."

"That said, I still want an explanation and depending on the explanation I may or may not do something." I gulped again.