Chapter 1 - The Return

???

Knock knock

As I continue to knock on the huge wooden gate, I clutch my dogtag that has the very same symbol as the cloak I'm wearing.

I don't know where I got it nor I know where's the last place I've been. All I know is I have a major headache and this random piece of paper and a small map I found in my pocket after I woke up in the middle of nowhere.

After a few minutes of knocking, somebody finally answered.

"Who are you and what's your business here?" A short, black haired man said, as he stared at me with a stoic face that sent shivers down my spine.

"Uhm... apparently, I don't know." I whispered to myself.

"So you don't know who you are, eh?" The short man said and attempts to shut the door. I blocked the door with my right hand and my right foot.

"Wait! Is Erwin Smith here?" I said as I attempt to push through. The man stopped pushing me out.

"What's your business with Erwin?"

"Uh... I have this letter..."

"I wasn't told that we're supposed to receive something today." And... he successfully shut me out. I guess I was really being suspicious, but I can't help it! I don't even know my name!

As I sat in front of the door-because I don't have anywhere else to go-I hear a loud familiar voice probably talking to the short man.

"What was that about?"

"Just some random nameless sh*t asking for Erwin."

"Nameless? Why was she asking for Erwin?"

"Don't know. Just ask her yourself. She's probably eavesdropping on our conversation."

What the actual... as the gigantic door opens once again, I see a man- no, a woman with glasses. Strange...

I kept my cloak on because the sun is stinging my skin a little bit.

"Hello?! Are you still here?!" The brown haired woman shouted.

"Uh... hello there." I said in a low voice

"Whoa there- Claire?" The familiar woman told me as she saw me.

"Claire? Is that my name- ow ow ow ow!" My head began to hurt a lot.

"Hanji?" Was the last thing I said before fainting.

---

"Ugh... where am I? A bed?" I said as I touch the oddly familiar blue blanket.

"So you're awake. I better get shitty glasses." I looked around and I saw the short man with a stoic face again.

"Wait! Where am I?" I asked him.

"This is apparently, your old room." The short man stood up and went towards me.

"So what's your relationship with Erwin and why does Hanji know you when you don't even know your own name?" The man asked me.

"I don't know... I woke up in the middle of nowhere and-"

Wham!

"CLAIRE! Thank goodness you're awake! Where have you been all these years?!" Hanji said.

"Wait... years? The last thing I remember is... what year is it?" I asked Hanji.

"Uh... year 850? You went missing for 8 years. And it seems like you can't remember anything during the time you were missing. What happened to you Eclaire?" Hanji looked at me with worried eyes.

What? Why can't remember anything for the last 8 years then? I thought it was still 842!

"I-I don't know. I don't know anything! I was only helping making dinner a-and the next thing I know was waking up in the middle of nowhere!"

Erwin. Now I kind of remember him, my big brother. My name, my childhood, everything else! I remember it all! Well, except for where I've been for the last 8 years.

"What strange is, you still look like you didn't grow old! How facinating, but it worries me as your best friend... now let's go to Erwin and introduce you to the newbies and everyone else."

---

As Hanji knocks, I wipe off the invisible dust on my pants and fixed my ponytail, trying to look neat as possible.

After a while, a faint "Come in." was heard.

"Hello, Erwin. It's been a while. Well, based on what Hanji said." I said with a small smile.

"Claire..." Erwin spoke with a low voice and stood up. He looked at me with a shocked face.

"Erwin." I replied.

"Aw come on! Just say, 'Is that really you?' And let's hu-"

"Am I interrupting something?" I was cut off with that shorty pants... does he even know how to knock? Why is he always angry?

"Oh nothing. I was about to leave anyway." But I wasn't. Well, it must be something important so I'll just go.

"Let's talk again later." I told Erwin and left to find Hanji.

---

As I walked around the halls, people have been giving me weird looks. I'm used to it. I mean, with looks like mine, which is really rare to have and it also looks 'inhuman' as the other kids in my childhood would say...

---

Levi

"Hey, Erwin. Is she really your sister? You don't really look alike." Well, except for the eyes.

"Have you ever heard of the term called 'albino'? As you know, she has white hair and really fair skin. And yes, she's my sister." She's an albino... so she's really sensitive to the sun... so how is she going to kill titans then?

"You never really spoke about her."

"It's because you never asked."

"How do you even know she's your sister and not an imposter? She went missing for the last 8 years. She could've been dead. And there are a few people out there who wants to kill you."

"I know she's my sister. Albinos are really rare and she has the necklace I gave her. Not to mention how her letter was written she always put 'Flugel der Freiheit' at the back as a habit." It's really suspicious that she didn't look like she grew older since the day she was last seen... based on shitty glasses anyway...

"And I am also aware of the fact that she still looked oddly young, but I know she is my sister." Erwin continued.

"Okay then... I won't question any further."

Now I have to get those brats in training...