Chapter 4 - The Expedition

Third Person's POV
(Erwin and Hanji's side)

The soldiers rode across Wall Maria with Erwin in the lead.

"Ten meter class approaching from the left!" The brunette girl with glasses said.

"I'd love to find out what it's got inside of it's stomach!" "But let's leave it to the cover team." The brunette continued.

Two men zipped across the abandoned houses. One got the nape but the cut wasn't deep enough.

"Sh*t! I barely got it!" The man cursed.

"Defend the column at all costs!" The other male announced while in mid-air.

The ten meter titan swiped his hands, attempting to get the male. He managed to successfully dodge it.

"Ermf!" Another brunette with animalistic instinct said, as she squealed while biting her lower lip in fear of the giant creatures.

"Focus! Leave it to the cover team!" A man said.

Sasha turned her head back on what's infront of her as they continue to ride their horses.

"Ahead! Onward!"

Flashback

"They'll only have our backs 'till we're out of the city ruins. Everything beyond that will be uninterrupted titan territory. We'll be more or less on our own. The only thing to fall back on is the commander Erwin's long-range scouting formation. The special operations squad will be positioned here." Ghunter explains the plan to the squad.

End of Flashback

"Sir, question. Be straight with me. Think my friends have a shot at taking down a titan?" A brunette teen with teal eyes asked Auruo.

"Really? I should certainly hope so, otherwise what the hell have they been training for? Now listen and listen well, prepared or not, you're all Scouts now which means the time is now to choke back those fears and-" Auruo bit his tongue in attempt to imitate the short, raven-haired captain.

"Hahahaha! Oh my gosh that probably hurts a lot- I mean, are you okay? Your tongue is bleeding!" A certain white haired girl asked, wiping tears off from the corner of her eye.

"Urgh! Y-yeah, I'm used to it." Auruo replied.

---

"Long-range formation, let's go!" The commander yelled.

"Well, see you around. Good luck and do us a favor and if you run into a titan, don't piss yourself." The ash blond told his blonde friend.

"Yeah, same goes for you." Armin replied.

(Armin and Jean's side)

The blonde boy looks around cautiously as he rides his horse with another one tied to the side just incase.

A red flare was launched to his right side, alerting the people that there was a titan nearby and to do the same until it reaches the commander's group. Once the commander had a clear read on the titan's position, he'll launch a green flare in return. They do this to avoid the titans and continue.

'Stay calm, you're alright.' The blonde thought to himself, calming himself down.

Another red flare was launched, alerting the birds as they flew away. The commander saw the signals and and fired the green flare.

'Something feels off. It's been too long since the last smoke signal. The information is still all over the map.' Armin thought to himself.

"Keep inmind to this whole approach assumes will be dealing largely with normal titans whose behavior is predictable." Armin remembers the teacher's lesson.

A black flare was fired.

'Black smoke? A titan ignoring the outliers and making a beeline for the center. Oh man, an abnormal' Armin thought and fired a black flare.

"If one of those shows up, I'm afraid we have no choice but to engage." A man said.

'There's no help for this mess...' The man thought.

"Head's up! The nape's all yours, okay!? I'll go for the legs!" The man yelled to the other man across him.

"You got it!" The other man replied.

The first man pulled out his swords and launched the hook to the titan's ankle. The hook retracted and he sliced the ankle off, making the titan trip and fall on the ground.

The other man launched himself up towards the nape while taking his swords out in mid-air. He sliced a chunk of the titan's nape, successfully killing it.

"Way to go! Nicely done!" The blonde boy cheered for the two men who slayed the abnormal.

"That's so bad... nothing scares you, huh? That's my little darling, Charrette!" The man greeted his horse who just came back. The man pulled himself up the horse's back and continued to ride.

---

A black flare was fired once again.

"Another one? What the hell are the right-wing spotters doing back there?" The man said.

"It looks like we've got another abnormal in our hands. It's not their fault." The other man said.

"Argh! I hate these things!" The first man ranted.

The abnormal titan was running towards them.

"Argh, fine. One more for the road then!" The man pulled out his swords once more, preparing to slay the problem at hand.

The titan was apparently a 14 meter class. It's also faster that others.

The man was beyond shocked. He wasn't expecting the titan to catch up that fast.

The man launched himself towards the titan's nape. The titan moved a little bit to the side and grabbed the wire and used it to smash the man on the ground which of course, killed him.

The titan used her feet as brakes and stopped for a moment. Armin stared at the titan, speechless.

The titan began to run after him. He was scared. He began to ride his horse as fast as he could to get away from the titan. At that moment he realized. They weren't dealing with a normal nor an abnormal. This titan showed intellegence, just like his friend, the one and only, Eren Jager. It was  a human in a titan's body.

Armin began to panic. He thought he was going to die at this point. Armin released the other horse. The titan leaped across Armin.

---

"Somebody... tell the others that... the right-wing spotters are... wiped out. Tell Commander Erwin... the the female titan brought... a horde with her... is there anyone left? There has to be... someone..."