Chapter 5.5 - The Female Titan Part 2

Eclaire

It's really peaceful for now but... why do I have this feeling that something's wrong... like danger is approaching us. Something deadlier than a titan. I glance at Eren. It looks like he's in very deep thought.

"Reporting, Sir! An oral message! It appears the right-wing spotters have been wiped out! But early warning network is compromised. One of you will need to relay the message down the line." A scout member appeared. That's a lot of casualties... something I'll never get used to.

"You heard the man, Petra. Go on." Levi commanded.

"Yes, Sir!" Petra proceeded.

I just remembered that Armin's location. Well he's not with the outliers. I hope he's okay. I can tell that Eren's really worried.

I heard a smoke signal from not so far away. I turned to my right. Black smoke!? That means an abnormal is nearby.

"Eclaire, fire the signal!" The Captain commanded.

"Yes, Sir!" I replied.

I proceeded to fire my gun. Black smoke rises to the air.

I feel like throwing up. Am I pregnant? Of course not. Why would I be? I don't remember getting laid. What the hell am I thinking!? There's an abnormal nearby! CALM THE F*CK DOWN, ECLAIRE!

"Captain! Captain Levi!" Eren calls out.

"What!?" Levi asks in an annoyed tone.

"Come on, Sir! We're in a forest! We won't see a titan until its right in top of us! The others are totally cut off! Something's coming up on the right, isn't it! So what are we supposed to do?!" Eren yells. You need to calm down, mister.

"Quit whining and move on to the obvious already. Neither of those is an option anymore." Levi replied. He still have that scary aura.

"Well, what are you talking about?"Eren asks.

"Haven't you noticed what's going around you? Take a look at these big-ass trees. (feeling short, Levi?) Perfect environment for ODM gear. wouldn't you say?" The Captain says.

Well, I have to agree on that. There's a lot of trees around here to launch the hook on. Our outfits also blend with the trees... well, except for my hair so I'll just wear my hood.

"Take my advice, Eren. Calm down, and use your head. The best survival tool is your brain." Levi tells Eren an advice.

Again, I have to agree with his way of thinking. You have absolutely no chance of survival if you choose to scream, whine, and not think at all. You'll also attract titans and bring down others. Levi's Survival Lessons 101.

"Yes, Sir!" Eren agrees.

"He's right, Eren. You're not that experienced with this as much as we are. Think of the bright side. Yes, it's hard to see titans in this location but, just like what the Captain said,  We can use the trees to our advantage, for ODM and camouflage." I said.

"You really sound experienced with these type of stuff. I thought you weren't like Petra and the others?" Eren asks.

"Now is not the time for this. If you're really curious about me, I'll tell once we're guaranteed safe. Remember, we're still in titan territory." I avoided the subject. It's not like I have anything to hide.

I still have that gut feeling that something is wrong. What the hell are we doing here anyway? Erwin didn't tell me anything about going into the forest. I look around me. Everyone looks confused. Are we all in the dark here? Whatever. I trust my brother no matter what.

A black smoke signal was launched from behind. Whatever that is, it's near, it's coming. I sigh. If I don't make it alive, which I highly doubt, I'm okay as long as Eren's okay because that's our main mission; to protect Eren.

I withdrew my swords, getting ready for the danger we're about to face. I have to stay alert. One mistake and it might cost me my life or somebody else's. I don't want anyone to die in vain.

I could here it's footsteps, rapidly approaching.

With zipping sounds, the other scouts are trying to stop it from getting nearer.

Bang!

I look back. Just like a fly, he was swatted by the titan.

The titan ran until it was beside us then... IT JUMPED!?

At that moment, I realized. We weren't facing an ordinary titan. Just like Eren, she's showing intelligence.

She continued to chase us. It was absolutely terrifying, judging by the look on Eren's face. For me, I don't know how to feel about this but I don't feel terrified at all.

"Holy sh*t! How are we supposed to pull evasive maneuvers in here!? It's catching up!" Gunther panicked.

"Captain! Engage the ODM gear! Captain!" Petra yelled.

More people came to try to stop the titan. It's sad that they don't know what they're going to face. Yes, they're just doing they're job as reinforcements but, it's just a waste of lives. Erwin, what are you trying to achieve? Is it worth these people's lives?

Once again, I look back. It hurts to see people die without doing anything. I'm just studying the titan's movements to confirm my theory. The titan grabbed and pulled his wire. After that, she swiftly pushed him against the tree with her arm, crushing him in the process. After him, she proceeded to pull the other guy's wire and then crushing him with her hand making a popping sound. Not only she didn't try to eat them, but her movements indeed shows that she has intelligence. Now, the only question in my head is what is she after, or who? Now that I think about it, Erwin's orders it to protect him at all costs. Could he have foresee this happening? Is this the purpose of this expedition? I don't think that he foresaw that we're going to fight against a titan-shifter, though.

"Captain! Your orders!" Petra yelled.

Levi looks so calm, but I know, deep down, he's under pressure of his comrades.

They keep on asking Levi for orders for them to engage.

I don't know. Yes, this is the best team of titan-slayers, but... I can't help but think that they're not enough.

No. I should be confident.