Chapter 8 - Escape

Levi

While sh*tty glasses is talking to the d*mned titan, Miche and I attempted to strike its nape.

Our blades clashed with its crystal-like skin, breaking our blades in the process. What the hell is this?

We fall back. We'll just have to find another way to get the information we need.

Eyebrows rose a hand. I guess he has a plan.

"Prepare an artillery round. I want her hands blown off." Eyebrows commanded.

"With all due respect, commander. There's a risk if we use the cannons. The hands will get blown off but, whatever is beneath them will too, sir." Some random soldier protested.

"A fine point, soldier. Which is why you'll aim carefully and sever them at the wrists. On my signal, i want an all-out salvo."

"Yes, sir."

---

"Knock knock."

"We know you're in there. Why don't you make this easy and come on out. Stop wasting  our time. Seriously, what can you hope to gain by stalling. If you're thinking we'll let you go, we won't. If you're thinking about trying to escape, don't. All you should be thinking about is the good men you killed today." I taunted.

I sigh. I don't know what this piece of sh*t is planning to do and trying to achieve but, is it really that worth it?

"Now that you would, that's not your style, is it? Remorse. You enjoy killing, which means we have something in common. Of course, I enjoy killing titans. But its a start. I'm sure we can still find some middle ground. Aw that's right. While we're still on that subject, let me ask. You're okay with me cutting your limbs off at the joints, right? I mean, they'll grow back. I'm talking about your actual body. Don't want you dead just yet. Timing wouldn't work." I said.

Somewhat an unexpected move, the b*tch roared.

Tch. Does she really have to be loud? I cover my ears, while still having a stoic expression plastered on.

After a few seconds of senseless roaring, she finally stopped.

"Nicely done. I almost my composure." I said.

"Were those like death throes or something?" A man beside Hanji said.

Miche zipped and landed beside Eyebrows.

"They're coming. I can smell them." Miche reported.

"From what direction?" Erwin asked.

"From every direction. Fast. Dozens." Miche said with a dark look on his face.

As if on cue, titans did come rampaging towards us.

"Let's run the artillery, gentlemen!" Eyebrows commanded while taking out his swords.

"Here they are. First waves are closing from the east. They're coming in fast." Miche said.

"Wagon defense squad! Engage now!" He commanded.

They did as they were told. The confusing part was the titans ignored them.

I stomped angrily on her head.

"Hey! What did you do! Called some friends, didn't you!?"

I sigh once more.

I zipped towards the three titans that slipped through our men, killing them all in one move.

I was a bit shocked when a short titan broke through and bit her leg.

It ignored all of our men and went straight for her.