Chapter 12 - Momzoned?

Eclaire

I hissed in pain as I felt it against my skin.

F*cking sunlight.

The only reason I wasn't feeling it until now was because we were in a forest. Those big ass trees' shade was one of the reasons I was able to fight well - at least in my opinion.

Not that I hated it but, Levi told me in his usual harsh, and kind of rude way that the only reason I was nearly killed was because of my head was too high up in the clouds. I wasn't totally focused on retrieving Eren. I understood his reasons but, could've he at least chose better words for it?

I heaved a sigh.

I'm not the type of person to fish for compliments but, I think I deserved a little gratitude for saving Eren's ass, especially from his beloved Mikasa.

I chuckled to myself as I realized I was being petty.

No offense but, I guess Levi and Mikasa aren't really the type of people to express their gratitude to a person who they aren't close enough with. I'm still trying to build a nice relationship with them, as a friend.

"What are you laughing about, brat? Get back to cleaning." The short man commanded.

"Yes, Shortie." I said.

"What was that?" Levi asked in an annoyed tone. I'm even saw his veins pulsate a bit, creating an irk mark.

"I said, yes, Sir." I replied, accompanied with a cheeky smile.

"Tch, brat." He muttered.

Now back to cleaning outside.

---

Flashback (Third Person's P.O.V)

"I'm not going to your office until you let me help you patch up that sprain you have." The platinum white-haired girl said in as a bluff for she does not know what she did herself.

"Didn't I say that I don't take orders from brats, like you?" The man - who was smaller than her by five inches - replied.

"Yes, yes you did. But in the end, it's my choice whether to obey or not, even if the person was superior. Disobedience is wrong, but don't ever generalize because there will always be exceptions. Erwin taught me that." The girl told the shorter man.

"Tch. I have a feeling that you won't stop pestering me about my foot if I said no. Fine then, have it your way, but don't expect me to let you do this again." The raven haired man replied, unexpectedly gave in to the girl with eyes that resembled the man he followed, Erwin Smith.

The girl simple gave the man a gentle smile - the kind that felt like a mother's sweet affection.

This made the man somehow, mesmerized.

It reminded him of his mother.

Then he realized that he must protect it. She must not end up like the mother he failed to protect.

The two proceeded to ride their horses along with the other soldiers.

Not so long after, two titans began to take notice of them and chased them as usual.

The people at the back began to panic as the titans got nearer.

Due to the Captain's injured foot, his chance of wining is gone low.

Meanwhile, Eclaire had no fuel left and she couldn't refill it at the moment.

No one could else could manage to slay multiple titans without getting themselves killed.

As much as it was kind of disrespectful, sacrifices must be made. The raven-haired man ordered the people in the cart to release the dead bodies; the dead bodies of what used to be his squad.

Eclaire had the urge to object to his order but, she realized that its was the best option ther is, considering she can't fight them, either.

Eclaire heaved a sigh.

'At least nobody else had to die,' the girl thought.

---

The Scouts were back in the castle they were staying in.

Eclaire pestered Levi into going to the infirmary and she succeeded...

...but it came with a punishment of cleaning the castle walls outside with the other cadets.

After fifteen minutes of awkward silence between the two, Eclaire finally finished treating Levi's sprained ankle. She also insisted on guiding him to his office but, he declined. She nagged him about how he's supposed to rest his foot.

"At least walk with a crutch!"

"Tch. I can manage without it. Besides, I'll be sitting on my ass the whole day bcause of godd*mned paperwork."

"Ugh, fine. Just prop it on something and ice it if it swells or something."

"I can take care of myself, brat."

Once again, Eclaire heaved a sigh.

"Okay, now that's cleared up, we still have to talk in my office." The man reminded.

---

"You're aware that what happened back there was very unusual- unless you're going to deny it and probably accuse me of seeing things, which I highly doubt." The Captain said.

"I'm not going to deny it. Just like you, I am confused as well. And just like you, I'm also wondering how am I still alive and breathing." The girl said.

"You don't look like you're lying, so I'll believe you, but I still don't trust you," "Also, I guess you're not so sure yourself on why you weren't injured during our battle. Most of the wimps I handled ended up in the infirmary." The man said.

"Oh yeah... though I haven't realized it until now that you mentioned it." The girl said, putting a hand under her chin.

"Anyways, I have to make a report on this to Shitty-glasses and Eyebrows, your brother. Once you leave the office, hand these over to that titan-obssesed freak and tell her to give their respective families. Then after that, proceed with the cleaning." Levi ordered.

"Sure can do, Li'l Man- oops. Anyways, I'm taking my leave." The girl said, hurriedly sprinted to his office's door.

"Plus one more hour of cleaning!" The annoyed man yelled.

End of Flashback

---

Eclaire

I smiled to myself as I reminisced about the recent events that just happened.

Everyone else has done their part of cleaning.

Sadly, I still have an hour left to clean, but I'm fortunate enough because I'm cleaning the inside part of the castle.

I suppressed my urge to let out a groan and stretched my tired body instead.

"Leviiiiiiii! Can I pleaaase take a break!?"

"No way in hell, brat."