Chapter 9 - Levi Squad

Eclaire

I wore my maneuver gear and took off to follow the others. I still couldn't believe that none of them heard it. I was pretty sure it was real. Yet, there's also weird stuff going on in my head. I'm sane but who knows what happened to me these past eight years? Maybe I have acquired schizophrenia?

"Auruo, Petra! I gotta hand it to you both! For someone who wet themselves first time out, you've come a long way!" Eld said, exposing the two.

"Argh! I thought we agreed to never speak of it again!" Petra yelled, mad and embarrassed.

"Woah, seriously?" Eren said.

I chuckled a bit. Well, that help me ease the anxiety inside.

"How dare you! I have the highest kill count out of anyone in the d*mn squad!" Auruo boasted.

Isn't he forgetting that the captain is also part of the squad?

The three continued to argue.

"Who cares who pissed his pants!? Focus on the job at hand! For the record, my shorts have always been dried." Gunther said.

---

A green smoke signal was launched from the right, just a few meters away from us.

"Must be a signal from the captain himself."

Gunther stopped and landed on a branch of a tree for a while.

He returned the signal.

---

"Huh?" I said, as I saw a person flying with us.

Is that the captain?

"Captain Levi? Wait, that's not- bullsh*t!" Gunther yelled.

I panicked a bit inside as the person zipped towards us.

Everyone gasped in shock as the unknown person went towards Gunther.

"Gunther!? Are you okay!?" Eren yelled and zipped towards Gunther.

Gunther's, now dead, body crashed onto a tree, while dangling on his wire.

I gasped in horror as the poor kid saw Gunther's state.

Then I realized something. Were the things I heard true? Were the things I assumed that happened really happened?

The only thing I'm sure of is... the fight isn't over.

---

Auruo grabbed Eren and threw him mid-air so he could continue flying.

"Go, kid! Come on, keep moving!"

"W-were just leaving him!?"

"Who is that!?"

The  unknown person zipped towards us. I grew anxious as if we were getting chased. Well technically, we are being chased. D*mn it! I can't think straight!

"Keep him away from Eren!"

"D*mn it! Hey, Eld! What are we doing!?"

"We don't have time to get our horses! Break through at full speed!" Eld commanded.

I feel like throwing up. This is the very first- is it? From what I remember, I don't think I get nervous that easily. Though this feeling has become very familiar to me. I sigh as I grew more anxious. Focus on the problem at hand. Protect Eren at all costs. Easier to say that do.

Others came to realize what I was assuming earlier. Though we weren't sure if this was the female titan or some sort of accomplice until she transformed right in front of our eyes.