Chapter III

Elena woke up cheerful and full of energy. Although she did not sleep much, she was ready to face the day. That day would have been much more challenging than usual since the preparations for the arrival of the Valley of the Sun's kings would have begun. She got out of bed and changed her clothes. Gabe had just woken up, and this time he was late! The other guards were definitely waiting for him! So he got out of bed too, got dressed in a flash and put on the uniform of the royal guards of Avalor who every day wore with pride.

Elena was heading for the gardens and was in one of the wide corridors of the castle, decorated with precious tapestries and paintings of illustrious ancestors. There were also the wonderful colorful decorations on the floors and walls. Suddenly she saw Isabel coming towards her.

"Look Elena, I have invented a new object to add to my perfect backpack!" So she show her a little metal contraption.

"Wow! Tell me, what's the use?" Elena asked her, bending towards her curiously.

"It's an automated cutter, it can cut any sheet of the shape you want and with absolute precision" Isabel said with satisfaction.

"It's a beautiful invention, Isabel!" Elena told her, stroking her head.

"Now forgive me, but I really have to go. Preparations for the reception party can not wait"

"Hey, can I come with you? I'll help you!"

Elena hesitated for a moment.

"I don't know ..."

So Isabel made her sweet eyes saying: "Pleeeeease!".

The princess could not resist the adorable face of her little sister and consented.

"Hurray!" exclaimed Isabel.

Soon they came outside. There was a great movement. There were those who was setting the lights, who was taking care of the decorations, who was deciding the menu, the musicians who were rehearsing, who was building the stage for the performance, everyone were doing their job. Everyone except Esteban and Naomi who were arguing...

"This wreath is horrible!" he said.

"Instead it's perfect!" she said.

And so they spent the time bawling without closing anything.

"Please, try to get along and you will see the result will be great!" Elena said trying to calm them down. But nothing to do, those two were really stubborn.

"These flakes are tawdry! Don't you see?"

"These flakes are not tawdry at all!"

"Yes, they are!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!".

They were a real torment.

"Look Elena, I have prepared this magic potion for fireworks" Mateo said, showing a vial containing a purple and sparkling liquid.

"Perfect Mateo! They will be spectacular" she told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Isabel began to look at the wooden pieces that made up the stage and began to write down calculations and notes in her notebook. She was so focused and did not pay much attention to what was around her. Something terrible was about to happen. There was a very heavy piece of wood badly hooked that was dangerously hanging over her and about to fall on her! So indeed it happened. The piece unhooked and... Isabel felt taken by someone and instantly fell abruptly to the ground. There was a thump. She opened her eyes a little stunned and saw Gabe holding her in his arms. "Gabe, what happened?" she asked frightened.
"That piece of wood was about to fall on you, but don't worry, now it's all right"

"Oh thank you Gabe, you saved me, you are an hero!" So the little one hugged him.

"I heard a noise, are you okay?" Elena asked, worried, running towards them. All the others crowded around them too. Isabel told everything.

"My sister could have died if you had not intervened, thank you" Elena told him.

"Protecting you is my duty, and I'm happy to do it"

So Elena held him to her. Gabe's heart began to beat faster. He wished that moment had lasted forever.

"W Gabe!" they all said in chorus.

"Oh, thank you but you don't have to acclaim me"

"Such a thing must never be repeated again!" exclaimed Francisco and ordered to intensify security checks. Then he turned to Esteban and Naomi: "Instead of arguing, do your job or I will entrust the management to someone else!"

"Sure, excuse us" they answered. So everyone returned to their work.