Chapter XII

Shuriki and the others had left too.

"Dad, what are you-"
"Shh! I'm trying to understand what Shuriki and Fiero are saying!" Victor interrupted her brusquely.
"Oh, come on, is it so important? Now we are malvagos! We could go..."
"What are you saying!!! We must complete our revenge! We will also take possession of Avalor!"
"And what will become of the princess and her pathetic friends?"
"We will kill them, obviously".

Carla felt a chill going through her. She felt bad.
"We... We will kill them?"
"Of course! Now go and do something useful! Shuriki had said that we will attack today" Victor exclaimed.
Carla still felt that horrible feeling.
"Ok" she said coming out of their provisional lair.
She mirrored in the river.
She didn't really like her appearance. In front of the others she pretended to boast, but in reality she felt ugly.

She wondered what had happened to her and why her father's words had made her that strange effect.
What if what they were doing was wrong? What if she had to be on the side of the good? She immediately shook her head.
"What nonsense! I have to complete my task and do what dad says" she said to herself.
But she was not so sure anymore. She felt different. Her mom would have wanted this?
She thought of the princess, of her friends and of that royal wizard, Mateo.
No!! She didn't want to kill them at all!!! She didn't want to be a malvago! After her mother's death, hatred had blinded her and her father, but now she had opened her eyes. She has repented. But then she thought:
"I can not disobey my father, I have to do it".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Luna" Mateo said climbing her on the back.
"Mateo! Wait! Where are you going?!" Elena exclaimed coming towards them.
"I want to scour the area. Don't worry, I'll be back soon"
"Ok, but pay attention. It can be dangerous"
"Of course" he replied hovering in the sky with Luna.

The sun was shining brightly, it was very hot.
"I need to take a bath" she thought.
So she made sure there was nobody there, took off her clothes, covered herself with a bathrobe and headed for the river.
But as soon as she arrived there, she saw Gabe.
Only a towel encircled his waist, he was shirtless.

Elena remained motionless

Her gaze rested on his sculpted musculature.
She felt a blaze envelop her and blushed instantly.
Gabe had not noticed her presence and kept on rinsing.
He wet his face and hair.
Elena stood there looking at him... The drops of water that fell over his body made him look even more attractive...
She could not move, as if she had been stuck, her heart was beating madly.
What was happening to her?
"He... he is... so hot" she thought.

But suddenly Gabe turned.

Elena hid immediately behind a bush and held her breath.
Gabe turned away from the shore, suspicious.
"Is there anyone?" he asked looking around.
Elena's heart was beating more and more.
He approached the bush and... Saw her.
"E-Elena?"
"Oh... Hi, Gabe! Ehm... I... I was... I was about to take a bath".
She was very embarrassed.
"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know! Forgive me, now I leave you the place immediately"
"Don't worry, you don't have to apologize".

Their eyes met.

They looked at each other for a few moments...

"Oh... now I go"
"Yes, go well".

They left, making an effort to stop looking at each other.

Elena immersed herself in the river. That strong sensation persisted in her...
"He is wonderful, but not only physically..." she thought dreamy.
Perhaps her royal guard had finally won her heart...
Nay, without "perhaps"...

"But now I have an important mission to complete! I do not have time for these things!" she said to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mateo had just finished patrolling the area.
"Thank you, Luna. Now we can go back"
"Nothing, Mateo".
But suddenly... He saw Fiero's tremendous eyes in front of him! He was flying on a jaquin and threw him a spell!
Mateo immediately pulled out his tamborita but Fiero hit him and... he fall.