Chapter V

"Give me that cockade right away!"
"Ever and never!".
Here is the umpteenth quarrel between Esteban and Naomi...
"That's enough! I can't work with you anymore!" he said furiously.
"Me too! You are not collaborative at all!" she exclaimed angry.
Esteban was more red than a ripe tomato and his eyes flashed anger. So he shouted:
"You should not be part of the Grand Council! You should not even be here!!!!
You should be throwing nets at sea like all those coarse sailors do! You are just a silly and useless girl!!! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN!".

Those terrible words sounded gloomy and soon after all seemed to be silent. Naomi remained petrified. A tear ran down her face.
"You are right, I'm leaving..." she said in a voice choked with tears. So she went away crying and disappeared at the sight of Esteban.
At that precise moment, he felt like a monster.
"What have I done... I'm a hideous person..." he said in a whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Take it, Elena!" Isabel exclaimed throwing the ball.
Elena quickly grabbed it.
"I took it!"
"Be careful Elena!".
The princess stopped instantly.
"What happend?"
"You were about to step on a cempasúchil!".
Elena looked beneath her and saw the marvelous flower that showed off its orange petals that seemed to sparkle in the rays of the sunset.
"Wow" she said, bending down to look at it better.
"Have you seen how beautiful it is?" Isabel said reaching her.
Then she touched the petals with her fingers.
"This was mom's favorite flower" she said somberly.
"Yes, she loved it very much"
"It's only a common herbaceous plant, but simple things are the most beautiful" Isabel said.
Elena smiled at her and said:
"Do you remember when we went together to collect the cempasúchil on that big hill?"
"Yes, I remember it. We had a lot of fun. I would like so much that everything was as before..."
Isabel bowed her head, a tear streaked her face.
"I would like it too" Elena said sadly.
The little sister threw herself into her arms, crying.
"Oh... Don't cry, Isabel. They are right here, next to us" she said softly.
"Can you hear this wind? They are talking to you. Can you smell this perfume? They are hugging you. They are here and they will be with us forever".
Isabel stopped crying, looked into her sister's eyes and smiled. Than she said:"You're right, they're here".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabe had just finished his job.
It had been a very tiring day.
He was exhausted. He abandoned himself in his bed and fell asleep deeply.

Some forms began to take shape in the darkness of sleep.
He saw Elena playing with Isabel. They were happy, they laughed, they enjoyed themselves. Suddenly a dark figure appeared behind them. That shadow advanced more and more towards them.
The two sisters continued to have fun ignoring who they had behind. A thin ray of light revealed who the mysterious black figure was. Gloomy eyes, tight lips,evil laugh... Shuriki.
The two girls turned around and... The witch suffocated them in total darkness! Two screams sounded grim...
"Isabel! Elena!!".
Gabe awoke with a start, his face beaded with sweat, his heart was beating madly.
It took him a few seconds to return to reality.
"It was just... It was just a nightmare" he whispered still dazed and confused.
He slowly leaned his head on the pillow but remained a few minutes wide-eyed.
In that nightmare he had felt miserable and impotent.
He couldn't do anything to save them. A terrible thought troubled him. If it was a premonitory dream?
"No, it won't happen. I will protect them, even at the cost of living" he said to himself.
So he closed his eyes and fell asleep.