Chapter XVII

Naomi and Esteban have finally arrived in Avalor.
The two collapsed on the beach, exhausted.
"Oh, dear mainland, I missed you so much" whispered Naomi caressing the sand beneath her.
Esteban rose from the ground, took off the sand from his clothes and said:
"Oh, Naomi, you still have many things to learn... I saw how you rowed, that's not how you have to row! First of all, you have to-". But he couldn't continue to speak because... Naomi kissed him.
At firts his eyes widened and he remained stuck, but then he let himself go in that beautiful and passionate kiss.

"Oh, Naomi, you make me crazy" he said picking her up.

They laughed together.
"When I met you, little insupportable girl of the port, everything changed.
Now I can't imagine a life without you. I've never been so happy" Esteban said softly to her.
"Everything changed for me too when I met you, annoying royal chancellor... I love you so much, my hero"
"I love you so much too, darling" he whispered kissing her again.

"Now let's go to the palace"
"Yeah, we still have a long way to go..."
"Don't worry, I will take you" he said, lifting her off the ground and taking her in his arms.
"What? Are you going to carry me up to the palace?"
"Of course, you are exhausted, you have been through a lot"
"But... you are tired too"
"Oh, don't think about me..."
"But-"
"Don't say a word, I will take you, no objections" he said looking into her eyes.
Naomi smiled, she was really happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was already high in the sky and the fresh morning air came in through the half-open window of the room. The birds whistled happily and the smell of freshly baked bread was already in the air. Elena was still sleeping and Gabe, lying next to her, was gently caressing her.
Elena opened her eyes.
"Good morning, princess" he whispered softly.
"Good morning, my love. You remember what day it's today, right?"
"Of course, how could I forget it... Happy birthday!" he exclaimed pulling out a small package from under the pillow.
"Oh... Thank you! You didn''t have to bother... YOU are the best gift"
"Come on, darling, open it".
Elena unwrapped it.
"Oh, it's a beautiful necklace!"
"With our initials"
"Thank you! I love it!" Elena exclaimed kissing him.
"Gabe, I'm too happy with you"
"Oh, me too".
They looked at each other sweetly, smiling.
"Let's go, sleepyhead, there is a fantastic party waiting for you"
Gabe said tickling her.
Elena said, laughing:
"Oh, ok, let's go but... pleas stop it!"
"No, I won't stop it"
"Please!" Elena was still laughing out loud.
"Ok, I stop it" he whispered kissing her hard.
"You are crazy"
"I know, now let's go".

Everyone was there at the party: Abuelo and Abuela, Isabel, Esteban,Naomi, Mateo and Carla. Our wizard had a crush on Carla, but he decided to reveal his feelings later. There was Victor too. He had repented and asked for forgiveness and now he was celebrating with his daughter, just as he once did.
Esteban and Naomi had told all their vicissitudes and Elena was very happy to see them together. She was with her family, her friends and her love. She couldn't wish for anything better. It was a great and funny party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party finished.
"Come with me" Gabe said softly taking Elena's hand and he led her to a small boat.
"Where are we going?" she asked curious.
"We're going to take a simple trip"
"Wow! A boat trip!"
"Yes, the sea at sunset is even more beautiful. But I want you to know something, Elena..."
"Tell me"
"I will do anything for you, because I love you and I will always love you" he said looking into her eyes.
"Oh, Gabe, I love you so much too".
They kissed intensely.
Everything was wonderful.

Well, we would seem to have arrived at the end of the story.
But I don't think this is the end, I think this is a new beginning.