2 # Family, Friends and Her

Maheshwari's- The Name needed no introduction in business arena of Kolkata. Held high in Marwari society ,they are considered to be one of the reigning business families in city.

Though, It was Anand Prasad Maheshwari who laid the foundation for the business,It was his son Durga Prasad Maheshwari who led Maheshwari group to the pinnacles of success. Started off as a small business unit , today the group has its foot firmly set in diversified industries. Durga Prasad Maheshwari fondly known as 'DP' by his business associates is highly respected among business circle.

Annapurna Maheshwari, his wife who stood by him through thick and thin fulfilled the role of a dutiful wife to the point. Highly Religious in nature , soft spoken ,she handled household responsibilities with utmost efficiency and ease. A doting mother to her two sons ,Adarsh and Sanskaar

Adarsh Maheshwari, Elder son of Maheshwari household. A MBA graduate from reputed university in states , he headed Management division of their business group and followed footsteps of his father to the T.His Wife, Parineeta Maheshwari, who he was married for 2 years.

Sanskaar Maheshwari, The younger one and pampered. Born after, two consecutive miscarriages , Annapurna held him very close as other family members. He was the only one, who could get away breaking few rules or throwing a tantrum, but Sanskaar rarely did that. He was taught not to take things for granted and he loved his family, no less.An extrovert and outspoken in nature as opposed to elder brother, Adarsh ,who came across as quiet and a man of few words.

Unlike Adarsh, Sanskaar's interest hinged more towards technical side. An engineering graduate, joined business a year and half back to gain more practical experience before he heads for his Masters in Technology.

Durgaprasad couldn't have been more happy, absolute sure of his two able sons carrying legacy forward successfully.Their expertise in different areas would make sure of that. Adash already established himself and proved his worth . Sanskaar proceeded on same lines .They hardly gave a chance to complain.

Maheshwari's have a ritual of early morning aarti with entire family in attendance near Kanha Ji mandir which Annapurna is very fond of.An ardent devotee , she firmly believed 'Kanha ji' had been watching over them for years and he would never let any harm behold them.

Maheshwari's had breakfast together where DP, Adarsh and Sanskaar would catch up on latest business snippets. That morning ,Sanskaar was missing and DP didn't fail to notice the same .On enquiry,Annapurna replied ,Sanskaar was catching up with a friend and he would be join them straight at office. DP gave a silent nod and turned to Adarsh.

"Adarsh , The list of interns for the projects. Where are we on that?" He quizzed.

"The list is already finalised Dad, jo aap ne approve kiya. The respective colleges have been informed, departments and guides have been allocated too. They will be joining us in 2 days." Adarsh replied diligently.

It was no secret Maheshwari group was favorites among colleges for final semester projects. Every year ,they would be flooded with hundreds of applications, only few managed to get in after screening and evaluation considered to be quite tough.But pre placements ,offered with lucrative compensation package and of course the brand name, made it first choice for many.

"Good! Let's make sure we track their performance just to ensure, we offer right candidates. I have a board meeting. Main wahi jaha raha hoon. You carry on. " DP rose from the table, gave a silent nod to Annapurna and left for office .

Done with break fast, about to leave,Adarsh looked at Parineeta ,who handed him over his office bag. "Pari, don't wait up for me . Have dinner on time. I might be late.Kuch meetings hain." He squeezed her hand gently with a soft smile.