21 # My Sweet Crush

Hello, My lovely readers,

Here comes the last update of this year. Wishing you all in advance a very happy new year. May this new year bring you and your loved ones more happiness, joy and prosperity in all terms.

I wish, this update will leave you with few smiles by the end. Happy Reading.

----------

It had been an hour Sanskaar left but Ragini' s mind still lingered on their conversation. How wrong she had been about Sanskaar.Only if she hadn't been quick to jump to conclusions.

She had no clue what questions would be coming her way but having answers was more important for her own sanity as well as securing Swara status in Sanskaar's life but she was no way prepared for the big revelation.

In his exact words

"Do you remember the masquerade ball party we had in college? That night I met someone. She was dressed in a nice little red gown and had a black mask on. And We Danced. If it had been just a dance, I don't think we would have this discussion, but it was not." Sanskaar drew in a deep breath at flashes of that night and wondered how those few moments still held such an intensity, deep and hard-hitting." We kissed."

Kiss? Swara never mentioned it to her and she didn't probe in as well. They didn't talk much about the party.

" It was not just a kiss. What we shared that night was beyond words and explanations. It was crazy and insane, something which had hit me at many levels. Then she disappeared without a trace but she walked away with my heart and I was left with nothing but a mask and a pair of brown eyes imprinted in my heart, haunting me for nights.

Eyes? Is that why Swara was insistent on hiding her eyes all this while from Sanskaar.

"2 years Ragini, You have no clue of the torture I have endured. I made every attempt to figure her out, but couldn't. Then one fine day she walks into my office and I have no effing clue she is the one. And she didn't say a word. Do you have any clue how it feels? Being in love with someone and getting drawn to another hopelessly ...

You don't mean to say ...that it's...

"Exactly ...I always had one girl in my life with or without a mask. Now you have your answer, don't you? or you want me to spell out the name of your best friend for you."

Swara? It had been Swara all this while. When she questioned on not mentioning this before.

"Laksh tried, didn't he ?" He questioned back.

And she acted like an idiot in the cafe, Damn! She definitely owes Laksh an apology.

"I assume Swara has no clue about this?" she tried to confirm. Swara would have definitely mentioned to her.

Sanskaar nodded, " No! Not at this point. We never talked about this but very soon ...I have few plans."

Then came his questions, straight and on point.

"All I want to know is Why? A Second-year gatecrashes into final year party like a pro without raising an ounce of doubt. A well planned and well-executed move, I must say. And she came into that party for me? Didn't she? Just for me. What was it? A game? A dare or a funny prank you guys wanted to pull off? Why, Ragini?"

She could sense his frustration...and he had been the one under the radar all this while.

He definitely deserved few answers. Ragini braced herself but faint sound of footsteps caught her attention. She turned back, could find none but her instinct was strong enough to warn.

"I think we should have this discussion at a more appropriate and safe place."

------------------------------------------------------

Driving back, Sanskaar's thoughts wandered around his discussion with Ragini and new found information. He had most of his answers barring few which he reserved for Swara. Ragini suggested her place to be a safe option for a further talk which he readily agreed. He met Ragini's parents and they had been gracious hosts. Ragini's Dad, Ram had handled few cases for Maheshwari Group. They were not entirely strangers and he already warmed up to Janki Gadodia. Ragini led him to the terrace where she excitedly told him...

"This is our favourite hangout place. Main aur Swara yaha par betke ghanto ghanto baatein karte hain especially this swing. Swara loves this space."

He could imagine why. The caressing fresh breeze, streaming moonlight, and the slight ruffle of leaves felt like music to ears. He moved to swing and his heart was quick to picture him and Swara cuddled up o on a quiet moonlit night, wrapped in a duvet whispering sweet nothings. He should set up one at their Mansion too.

His musings took a break as Ragini apologised for misunderstanding him and quickly went on to reveal details.

"Yes, It was all planned. The entry and exit because Swara had this huge huge crush on you and .."

"Crush?" Sanskaar couldn't hide his surprise. Swara had a crush on him right from college days. Wow! Did his heart just do a somersault?

Ragini stared at him in confusion "You didn't know that? " After a minute, " You guys don't talk, do you? I mean, tum dono karte kya ho?" Ragini's brows queued up in doubt.

Sanskaar felt his cheeks turn warm. True! They had spent more time kissing than talking.

" Aisa Nahi hain.I mean we do talk but not much. I mean office is not an exactly ideal place to ...you know?" He tried to explain but she was not buying his theory. Her teasing smile says so. "Ok! I see you are in a teasing mood. Can we skip that part, please?"

Ragini giggled at his plight and took pity on him, thankfully.

Then she gave him a gist of Bose family. The shy and introvert Swara even as a kid and how she was happiest around her parents, then the tragic death of Sharmistha. Sekhar's second marriage, change of equations and the biggest blow of Sekhar's death which altered her life.

"I can't even imagine of all the pain Swara went through, Sanskaar. But she would never say a word, keep it all to herself. She would suffer in silence would never hear a word against her family, the same family which hardly makes Swara feel loved other than Adi. Maybe it would have gone the way it had been, if not for you.

You Sanskaar! literally changed Swara's world. You don't even know of her existence in college but for Swara, you are the one who would bring a smile on her face effortlessly. As you said, it might sound insane but ...

You were like this harmless fascination, Her own little secret fantasy. I mean she's crazy about you. I had no clue of it till I have seen her in tears at the idea of you not being around. She didn't want to be dismissed as one of your fangirls. All she wanted was a few moments with you and I couldn't find a better option than masquerade ball and you know the rest that followed..."

Yes, He does! Every little nuance made clear sense now. The spark in her eyes and smile at the sight of him, the way she took his name for the first time in the office, her antics around him ...every little bit suddenly held new meaning.

"Tell me more about the crush part," he asked eagerly

"Why would I? You can find out by yourself from your fangirl. And maybe you could ask her about a scrapbook, "Ragini hinted him.

" A Scrapbook?" How many more secrets did Swara hold?

"Haan..even I have no clue ki uss main kya hain but I know for reason it's about you. Swara would just smile and blush hard at the mention of it. I guess it's kind of private."Ragini teased further.

Every revelation just left him overwhelmed. He wasn't just a mere fascination, she loved him dearly with no expectations. He had seen it and felt that night. The way she touched him and the kiss...No doubt she turned him this crazy and left him yearning for years. And now since she is with him ...he had no intentions of letting her disappear, again.

Her family might be a complex maze of the equation but he's gonna soon make his way out of it, with Swara and she would never be deprived of love. His Princess.

'My Cinderella' Sanskaar mused as Beethoven played in the background.
---------------------------------------

Swara smiled in her half sleep. She was still in a dreamy state Sanskaar left her in. He was the last one to leave which gave them a very few minutes of privacy. Swara chucked recalling his words. "You have a crazy family," he told shaking his head. He walked up to her, gently clasped his hands over hers leaving her with a warm caring feeling, his eyes fixed on their joined hands.

"I am gonna miss you ok! All your crazy antics, your little dance moves, your coffee, your smile, those hearts in eyes, everything. Then he lifted his eyes to meet hers. "I am gonna miss us." He told in a soft low tone which left her all gooey. "You better get well soon. So that I can take you out for a date."

A Date? She didn't see that coming.
---------------

She didn't, Sanskaar smiled as he freshened up and had a change. She quickly blinked her eyes thrice which always had a strange magical effect on him. Because he thought it's only fair to warn her, how she turned him on with a blink of an eye.

"Ok, you should really stop doing that with your eyes, because every time you do that, I feel like kissing you ."He told her teasingly.

And her eyes widened in a shock or was it surprise at his shameless declaration. Sanskaar chuckled. The minutes were ticking and he didn't have time to waste.

He simply leaned forward and kissed her.

------------
Swara touched her lips, his taste still lingered on them. Unlike long ones, it was short and sweetest. It's like everything came to a standstill the minute his lips pressed against hers with slightest of pressure, subtle and tender. A gentle nudge, Swara felt a wave of heat flushing through her, her insides fluttering wildly. Then he drew back with a deep, staggered breath.

"I guess qualifies for our goodnight kiss, "he whispered softly gazing into her dazed eyes, his fingers moving over cheek in a soft caress "I would have loved to kiss you for long but your family might have a real heart attack if we get caught."

Swara couldn't help but giggle at his witty remark.

"I will call you tonight." He said, planting a quick kiss on her forehead before signing off night.

--------------------------

Leaning comfortable on the bed, Sanskaar reached out to his mobile. It's just been few hours and he's already missing her. He looked at his mobile. He was in two minds, actually. She needs to rest. What if she's asleep? He didn't want to disturb but if it's another way around? She might be waiting for his call. And it wouldn't hurt, just one call.

Swara jumped out of dreamy session at the ring of mobile. She quickly picked the call, pulled over the blanket. Sanskaar waited on another side.

"Hello, Sanskaar" Her voice came like a whisper.

"Why are you whispering?" He asked confused

"Sab so rahe hain. I usually don't get calls at this time na. Iss liye aur abhi main blanket ke neeche se baat kar rahi hoon," she told him as if it's secret.

What? From under blanket. He laughed out at an image of Swara sneaking under a blanket literally giving him vibes of teenage college days, though he never crept under a blanket. True! He had few friends in girls... but girlfriends, never not at least one's he would have secret mushy conversations.

Swara would be his first and last. And almost on a crazy impulse, Sanskaar pulled over a blanket turned towards the pillow. "Ok, let's talk, Now, "He whispered back. This is fun, having a hush-hush talk with your love.

And they talked for an hour before Swara drifted off to a peaceful sleep with a huge smile on her face.

------------
Kavita couldn't catch a wink, not after the juicy piece of information she chanced upon.

Ragini and Sanskaar had got her intrigued and she tiptoed behind them, hiding in shadows. She managed to catch up on a few bits of the conversation before that Ragini spoiled further chances ...but she has enough lead.

Masquerade ball. All she needs to do is play the right cards at right times.

----------------------------------------

Sanskaar smiled looking at the phone. For a minute, he wondered at the prospect of knowing Swara from college days. Would it have been this special? This exciting.Maybe not.

If this was the destiny's way of leading him to Swara, Be it. The whole night had been sort of roller coaster, though the kiss and Swara's smile at the end made up for it. The kiss definitely left him craving for more. He could kiss her for hours and go on for few more. Those soft pink honeyed lips melting against his...

Ok, stop there, Sanskaar! If you really want to get some sleep ...Stop right there! He warned himself. On a side note didn't he have many restless nights on account of Madam Bose. Maybe he could dream a little tonight, about 'them' or 'her'

His masked girl or Unmasked. Either way Swara bose is his and he, her sweet little crush.

----------------

Ending on this sweet little note. Thanks for reading.Hope you had fun. Do Let me know.I will greet you back in the new year with a surprise. Till then...

Love and hugs

Lucky