14 # The Best Laid Plans

Here is the next update. Please keep your expectations low as this is a small part I managed to type in midst of my trials to get over writer's block. This update sets the tone for the next few chapters.

Happy Reading. Let me know your thoughts. Ignore errors and typos.

------------

Sanskaar stood at the same place, his eyes fixed on empty darkness stretched before him. Only this time it felt like a warm embrace and he welcomed the silence and peace it brought him, unlike last time, landing him in chaos.

It's her..Swara. The feeling sank in slowly. His mind started reeling in events and all of sudden everything fell back into its place. This explains everything and it perfectly makes sense: the reason he was irrevocably and hopelessly drawn to Swara when all these years no one could hold his interest. That girl had his heart.

How could he be so blind? She was right before his eyes and he couldn't figure out. The call of his heart. He had been an idiot to ignore, trying to fit in the logic.

A ring on his mobile distracted him. He didn't even glance at the screen and took the call. Laksh.

"Are we meeting? " His voice came from another side. Sanskaar stood unblinkingly.

Yes!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Her pulse raced and breath came in uneven and shallow as she ran through the corridor mindlessly. She managed to catch a bus in time and was thankful for finding a place for self. She drew in deep breaths in a bid to calm her inflated senses. She wouldn't call it steamy or passionate, the kiss and those emotions coursing through her. They were hard-hitting and intense where she felt every bit of his pain, longing and her own need for him after all these years. It was the same. Passion. Love is always one Right! A burning passion, flickering at times and smoldering at other times.

But she had another burning issue and there's only one person she could share this with. Swara headed straight to Gadodia house.

-------------------

"What? Swara?" Laksh was no less shocked at this new revelation. "Are you sure It's her and you are not mixing up both because you are unable to let either of them go ?" He tried to confirm. They met at his place over drinks. The swim - up pool bar at Mathur Mansion had always been a favorite hangout place for get- to- together and house parties.

Be it lazing out on sunny afternoons with chilled beer after a swim or a round of drinks and barbeque on wintery nights, this had always been the best-loved place for the duo right from college days.

"Of course, I am Lucky, 100 % sure. " Sanskaar replied confidently "I Know what you mean and where is this coming from. Post our discussion in Starbucks I have decided to move on, yaar. I genuinely wanted to give myself and Swara a chance, but you know the turn of events, Right!"

Laksh nodded.

" Trust me, Lucky! It's Swara. I can't be wrong . I mean..I know her. I know those eyes How could I not? They haunted me for years. Even If you ditch the eyes part, I know how she feels in my arms and I know how she tast..." Sanskar paused. He is not giving in details of the kiss. "You know ...I meant.."

"Aha! "Laksh cleared his throat grasping the rest. "Am I missing few details,?" He asked grinning.

Sanskaar grinned back. "You are not getting any. I don't kiss and tell."

"Well! I rest my case then...So finally, "Laksh stepped down from the bar stool holding his drink. "The curious case of the mask is resolved and the mystery is out."