19 # Loss and Gain

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay and the next set of updates might be highly irregular till mid of December. Apologies in advance. 

Happy Reading. Do let me know your thoughts. Please ignore errors and typos

---------------------------------

For every loss, there is a  gain. And for every gain, there is a hidden loss.

-------------------------------

Sanskaar couldn't hide his excitement as he caught up with Laksh over a call. He had smiled all the way as he drove to MM after dropping Swara and the good spirit just carried on. Laksh was quick to guess.

"So did everything work out? Did she admit?" He asked curiously.

"No, she didn't but I don't think that would matter anymore, Lucky. It's like an open secret. We know but we don't talk about it."

"Then? Wait! Let me take a guess. Some sort of confession?" Laksh was not the one to give up.

Sanskaar smiled. Sort of, he mused. She said those 3 words as if she was murmuring secret to self but his heart which holds her didn't miss them. He might not have told them aloud, just a mere whisper against her lips, whose taste still lingered on his own.

" Well, you can say that. Sort of! "He leaned back comfortably, holding the pillow.

"Stop giving those puzzling statements. Seedha seedha bolna, Sunny." His friend and his cryptic statements. Laksh shook his head.

"Ok! I am crazily in love! Is that straight enough? We worked it out. Now don't ask me how. I am not saying a word."Sanskaar blushed recalling the kiss.

Laksh laughed. "Ok, I won't. So that means Swara is my bhabhi now. Right! When are you going to make it official to the world! The sooner The better. I need my party."

"Soon. I have my plans but for now, I just want to enjoy this phase for a while, Lucky. You know like a courtship period. We still need to know each other. Swara's internship would be over in a few days. Then I can take her out ..and spend more time together." He already had many plans and he just can't wait to put them in action."I can't tell you it's such a wonderful feeling being in love, Lucky I feel like my heart would just burst out of happiness."

"Haan haan pata chal raha hai bhai! from your voice itself. I am so happy for you yaar. Finally tujhe teri Cinderella milgayi."

Sanskaar gave a thought for a minute. "Cinderella ko tho milna hi tha..aaj nahi tho kal. I know you would be happy. Isliye tujhe sabse pehle bataya. What are best friends for?"

_______

Sadly the same couldn't be said to Swara, who no way expected Ragini to witness the goodbye between her and Sanskaar. Raini wouldn't have, for she would have preferred to say indoors late evening, but she wanted to catch up with Swara. Time passed. She waited for Swara to turn up when she didn't, she decided to investigate. Since Swara didn't pick her calls, she wondered if some drama happened in Bose house. A visit wouldn't harm, Right! It was unusual for Swara to be this late.

That's when she happened to see Swara and Sanskaar in a position which no way looked like friendship but spelled a sort of intimacy. Shocked first, She averted her eyes not willing to intrude and hold her conclusions for the end. She watched him leave...then confronted Swara.

Swara looked equally shocked and didn't protest when Ragini held her hand, led to the terrace of Gadodia house. They stood facing each other silence hanging between them.

"So is this the friendship you've been talking about Swara or Did I misunderstand, because the way he was holding you and you both were looking at each other, it looked as if ..." Ragini paused not willing to complete sentence.