7 - "Maybe this time, he'll assist in killing your dad."

Xavier James was precisely as I recalled, from the top of his perfectly shiny and kept blonde hair, to the bottom of his polished-to-perfection Yves Saint Laurent's.

I narrowed my eyes at the grin he wore. He's always been the smiley triplet. Prick.

"Charlotte," He said, nodding. Frazier's hand on my waist tightened. "Pleasure."

"Your mum ever tell you not to lie?" I gritted out, fisting my hands. Calm down, Charlotte. You're on a job, act like it.

"I would say the same to you, except I killed her, didn't I?"

I closed my eyes, tight, feeling the air get knocked out of me as if I'd been punched in the liver.

"Shut, the fuck up." Frazier growled, looking angrier than I'd ever seen him before. "Before I, personally, send you to greet your own fucking mother in hell."

Xavier tutted. The nerve. "Oh Faze," He mused. "Are you still whipped over Charlotte as much as you used to be?"

"Yes," he replied instantly, and I averted my gaze to my heels. "Would you like to see exactly how much?"

Xavier chuckled. "Maybe another day." He moved his gaze to me and shot me a wink. Then, slowly, he looked somewhere over my shoulder. His grin widened. "Ahh, Xantia, do join us."

My eyes closed tightly, and I heard Frazier's flinch beside me.

Great.

Frazier and I had finally found a charity event that Xavier would be at so, at record speed, had dressed up and made our way here, only taking a gun each, both of which he was carrying at the waistband of his slacks.

"Charlotte," Xantia, or Tia as she preferred, mumbled distastefully, giving me a look dirtier than Frazier Bennett's mouth. She moved her gaze to Frazier, and her eyes lit up as if she'd fucking seen Jesus and been Enlightened at the same time. "Faze."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname that every single one of the James' had called him since I had been involved with the lot.

It was bloody annoying.

"Tia." He replied tautly, keeping his gaze on our connected hands.

"I've missed you, Faze." She said sweetly. The thing I hated most about the girl in front of me was how fucking pretty she was. It pissed me off. "I feel like it's been a lifetime since we last met." Her Italian accent wasn't thick, just slight, like her other two brothers', a juxtaposition to Frazier's, which befuddled me on how he spoke better English than myself.

"It's been a matter of years, Tia." He responded. "It somehow felt shorter, to me."

I fought against a smirk at the hidden insult. Ha, bitch, take that.

"Hmm," she muttered, carefully pushing back a strand of hair, to reveal a modest but sexy amount of cleavage. Ugh, just be a slag, make it easier for me to insult you, would you? "Charlotte," She said casually. "Interesting to see you're back latching onto my Faze like a mosquito. Sending him back to prison, are we?"

I smiled sweetly, not missing the use of the word 'my'. "Something like that." I replied.

Faze cleared his throat. "I have some...things, to discuss with Xavier," he said, snapping the spoken's attention away from a group of giggling girls and back to the circle, where he smirked. "Excuse us, ladies."

He gave Xavier a hard glare when he leaned forward and kissed my hand, pushing him forward, where he laughed and straightened, going to sit at the leather couches.