14 - "Frazier was my brother once, Charlotte."

3 weeks later-

"Charlotte," Xavier greeted as I stood on the front porch of his large, very large house. "What a pleasant surprise."

I rolled my eyes. "I want that file, Xavier." I cut down to the chase.

He slowly rose an eyebrow and leaned against his doorway. "What file?"

I narrowed my eyes, unamused, and he sighed. "Alright fine," he said. "But you are aware that I can cut your throat and hide you in my backyard, right?"

"Right." I confirmed. "But you won't... because if you wanted me dead, I'd be dead. You want something from me. I don't really care what, I'll give it to you, just as long as you give me that file so I can go home."

"I'll give you the file, Char," I rolled my eyes at the nickname. "But first, I want you to help me break my brother out."

I blinked, then turned on my heel to walk out.

He clamped his hand around my wrist. "Wait," He said, and I turned slightly to meet his eyes. "Just consider it."

I turned fully now and looked him right in the eye. "You might as well kill me now."

He sighed, then pulled me into his house and closed the door behind him.

"You came without Frazier," he said. "Or rather, Frazier let you come without him."

I rolled my eyes. "I think you're more in need of brain cells than ever before if you think I need his permission for anything."

He gave me a small smirk as he lead me to his living room couch and motioned for me to sit. I did.

"So either," he continued as if I hadn't spoken. "-you've both suddenly started to trust me as if our history of despising each other has magically vanished... or, you're avoiding one another."

I stared passively at him. Cunt. "Right," He said, clapping his hands. "Good talk."

"I'm not here to discuss Frazier," I said. "I want that file."

"Hmm," He mused. "I told you, I will give it to you without a seconds hesitation of you help me break my brother out."

I gave him a look, and I swear I saw his eyes soften ever so slightly. "I know he wasn't exactly... kind to you," my chest tightened. "But he is my brother, Charlotte."

"You literally just stated two reasons why I would rather burn myself at the stake and have my ghost eat my ashes for breakfast than help you break him out."

"Creative," He said, and I rolled my eyes. "But would you really rather risk world war 3 than get just one person out?"

I clenched my jaw. "Why do you need my help anyway?" I asked tensely. "You have the file, you have the location of Avistocan and you have men dying to help you. Why do you need me?"

"Well, for one as greatly as I trust each of my men, I cannot risk this information going public," I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "No, Char, I haven't told anyone what that file contains. Not even Tia."

I sighed heavily.

"And we both know you've been there before, Charlotte." I didn't react. "To Avistocan? You've been. You know the ins and outs, the ways of getting in without being spotted. This place is beyond maximum security, Char, I can't exactly roll up and ask for my brother back."