19: "Then don't stop."

The next day, I decided I finally needed to shower. My hair was basically wet with grease at this point.

I showered with the scented soap, shampoo and conditioner Frazier had gotten rather than the hospital provided ones.

I brushed my teeth and took my time considering I was still very much sore. It had taken convincing that I didnt need a nurse to help me.

When I came back out, in a fresh set of hospital pyjamas and my hair wet, breakfast was already laid out for me.

Since bright and early in the morning, Argo, Finch, Vinny and Dean were all crowding the inside of my room.

Argo and Finch were sat on the couch and rotated with Vinny taking turns standing outside and doing patrols around the hospital. It was Dean who stood stoic beside my bed the full day.

I sat down on the freshly made bed.

"Have you guys eaten?" I asked.

"Dont worry about us, Ms Charlotte," Finch responded, giving me a small smile. I pursed my lips.

"How about you go and get some more breakfast and we can all eat together?" My voice was light, a suggestion at most, but Argo stood quickly, back straight.

"Yes, Ms Charlotte," he said. "As you wish."

And then he left. I sat dumbfounded and looked back to Dean. His eyes, unblinking, remained focused straight ahead, his back straight.

"Is he always like that?" I asked jokingly.

His eyes did waver now slightly, almost panicked.

"If you dislike him I can replace him." He replied gruffly. His  voice was thousands of octaves below what could be considered normal.

My eyes widned and I quickly raised my hands. "No, no," I said. "That's not what I meant."

I quitened down after that and waited for Argo to get back, keeping occasional conversation with Finch, who was a complete sweetheart.

When Argo got back he lay down more breakfast at the table on the sitting area beside my bed.

"I'll go get Vinny," I said, standing and slipping on my little fluffy slippers.

They all burst at once.

"Please sit, Ms Charlotte-"

"No, Ms Charlotte I will-"

"Dont even think about it-"

I looked back in surprise at Dean at his final comment then slowly took a seat.

"Okay," I said quietly. "Can you guys go and get him then?"

Finch volunteered as Argo helped me slowly to take a seat. It took Dean quite a bit of convincing until he took a seat, back straight and eyes focused ahead.

I pursed my lips and crossed one leg over the other, taking my bowl of berries. I smiled. Frazier must have told them of my love for fresh berries.

I ate slowly and swallowed even slower, restraining the urge to flinch every time I did.

The others chatted occasionally too but it was slightly awkward. They were keeping their boundaries with me clearly, and were speaking to me the way I assumed frazier had instructed them to.

To be fair, they still called him Boss. So I was getting there.

After breakfast I took a slow walk through the garden again, all 4 of the grown men trailing around me. Argo ahead, Dean behind, Vinny at my side and Finch the other.