Roman (Ch.13)

"What the fuck Roman?" Deceit said as I held him back from chasing Virgil. "Let me go!"

"Deceit come on... He didn't tell us for a reason." I am so stupid... Why was I just staring at him? I was staring because he looked so different. I was staring because he still had his tattoo but no scales. I was staring because he was covered in even more scars...

I was staring because he was hot...

And I missed him.

"Yeah, The reason is, he's an asshole." I let go of Deceit and he punched me. He looked down at the ground in guilt. I just rubbed my cheek and stretched my jaw. It didn't hurt and knew he didn't mean it. " Sorry I... Sorry."

"I understand why you're angry, but He's not just going to let his guard down. You know this. When did you realize it was him?"

"I knew something was up the whole time, but it wasn't until the whole name thing did I confirm it." I just smiled. I guess we both figured it out then. I always had my suspicions. It was just to easy to talk with him. To easy to tease and pick on him. The way he smiled and the way he laughed. Everything about A reminded me of Virgil. EVERYTHING... I wouldn't let myself believe it but I knew. When he called me my chemical bromance it was like a slap in the face. Like it was saying open your eyes idiot. He has changed so much. His hair, his eyes, the fact he fought that man to save us with no hesitation or fear at all. Patton knows, obviously. He would have known right away. Logan... I don't know honestly. He's logic... WHat's logical about someone who is supposed to be dead standing right there in front of you looking completely different. "Roman? Why didn't he tell us?"

"I don't know but... We have to let him... in his own time. Otherwise, He might run. He is Anxiety after all. It's always fight or flight with him." I patted Deceit on his shoulder and walked out of the room. It wasn't long before I walked down the wrong hallway... Logan was hugging Virgil crying his eyes out as Patton stood of to the side with a look of nothing but love. So I guess he knows now... He told Logan. Ok then... play your part princely.

"Geez Logan, what's with the waterworks?" I forced a smile and Logan jumped up, wiping his face and straightening himself out.

"I had something in my eyes... both of them... it hurt." Nice save Logic... doesn't matter.

"Kiddo are you ok?"

"Me, of course I was just wondering how our resident firecracker was doing. Deceit was exactly kind earlier." I was being as peppy and cheerful as I could be.

"What happened with Deceit?" Patton looked over at Virgil and you could see the worry in his eyes.

"Nothing bad I swear. He just found something out is all..." Pattons eyes darkened and Logan took a step closer to him. Just in case Pat lashed out. After all he didn't know what Deceit did to his son. " And I am fine. Your just a drama queen."

"Yeah, I guess I can be. But you my spiteful dragon-man are short fused."