Chapter 5

Heat surrounds me and before thinking better of it, I snuggle in deeper to the source. I get pulled into the body next to me by an arm slung around my waist and that is when I realize the heat source is a body. My eyes flicker open and all I can see is hard muscle under my head, so I lift slightly, trying not to disturb the person under me.

Shit, I scream in my head when I realize that I am still in Rylan's bed. Shit, Fuck, Damn! I scream again as I look around the room trying to locate my clothes. I see my pants lying a few feet from the bed over a chair and my shirt is thrown across some boxes by the door. After locating my clothes I cautiously move his arm from around me before sitting up.

I look back at him, watching for a sign of him waking as I slip from the bed and throw on my clothes. Where is my jacket? I think back to last night and remember it getting discarded downstairs, so I tiptoe from the room and then make a running break for it. I don't look back as I sling on my jacket and run out the door, wincing as it slams shut.

The sound of a slamming door jolts me awake, but I settle back into the bed thinking it just must be Duke coming home. I smile, closing my eyes and roll to recapture Kody, but my arm falls through the air before hitting the bed with a loud and empty sounding thud. Again my eyes shot open, this time to see that she is gone. I vault from the bed, pulling my pants on as I run from the room trying to catch her. What the hell was she thinking? I asked myself as I ran towards the living room, but I stopped a little yellow piece of paper on the counter catching my attention.

Thanks for last night.

Kody

Was all it said. Well hell, I thought.

I skipped the races that night and went home early.

"Hey kiddo," my dad called out as I entered the house. "you're home early," he hugged me, but pulled back suddenly, "you're not hurt again are you?"

"No daddy," I laughed at him, "just decided to come home early," I smiled up at his wary look. "Scouts honor pop," and then he was smiling again.

"Well alright I just finished dinner," he turned back to the stove, "you hungry?"

"No daddy," I answered, "you go ahead. I'm just gonna go to bed," I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Okay Kody," he kissed my forehead, "night honey."

"Night daddy," I called as I climbed the stairs towards my bed.

I threw my bag in the corner before plopping down on the bed and burying my head in the pillows. All day I tried to forget about Rylan, but the fact that his scent was still clinging to me after 2 showers, kept me from achieving that goal. ARH, I groaned.

I can still feel him moving around me as I lay back in bed. I stare at the ceiling, but I see his face in the paint. I turn my head back to the pillows and let out a scream. I told myself that after John I wouldn't sleep with another motocross boy. Oh John, I thought back and my stomach turned.

John was my first, and my first big mistake that is. John is the reason I don't drink at the motocross parties anymore, I can still smell his Jack Daniels laced breath as he pumped in and out of me, only to finish and then brag to his friends about how he banged Kody Dillon. I knocked his lights out the next day for it, but he had an impact. The boys all thought they could get into my pants for quite some time after that and a few of the stupid ones still tried from time to time. And here I go one year later making the same damn mistake all over again, the only difference is that Rylan didn't taste of booze, he only tasted of raw passion. I press my fingers to my lips and shiver and the memory of his lips moving against mine.