Chapter 18

"Oh come on!" I yelled, standing and throwing my hat on the ground. "What the hell was that?" I continued to yell at the players on tv, although they could not hear me.

"They can't hear you coach," my dad chuckled behind me as I collapsed back into the couch.

"I know that," I grumbled, "daddy were they always this terrible?"

"Yes Kody," he grinned at me, "but love apparently makes you blind."

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically and then stole a glance at Rylan. He was sitting on the loveseat next to the couch where my father and I were. He saw me looking at him and winked at me, my heart started pounding.

"Are you hungry Kody?" My dad asked, so I looked back at him.

"Always daddy," I smiled and he laughed.

"I'm gonna go whip up a few sandwiches, I'll leave you to watch your precious gators."

"That is not funny daddy," I said laughing at him.

"Yes it is," he laughed leaving the room. As soon as he was out the door I jumped into Rylan's lap and kissed his cheek.

"What happened to not having any time for me?" he whispered, light dancing in his eyes.

"Well," I said leaning away from him, "if you do not want my affection I guess," I said moving to stand, "I'll just go back to my couch."

"Kody," he said pulling me back onto him, "shut up," he growled before his lips came down on mine.

I stayed in his arms for a few minutes, letting him kiss me senseless, but then I heard my father moving around in the kitchen, so I pulled away.

"Rylan," I gasped out as he moved his lips down my neck. "We have to stop now," I tried to sound firm, but at the same time I tilted my head so he could get better access to my skin.

"Kody," he whispered against my neck, his lips sending seat coursing through my veins.

"Rylan," I said pushing against his shoulders, "we have to stop now," he was looking into my eyes and nodded faintly.

"Right," he said.

I kissed his nose before getting up and moving back to the couch, just as my father walked back in the room with a tray.

"What happened while I was gone?" he asked and that simple question had me blushing.

"Nothing," Rylan replied giving me a smile.

"Of course," my father said before taking a bite of his food.