Chapter 14

I woke to a persistent beeping sounding throughout the room and it confused me, my alarm was music not beeping. I opened my eyes hesitantly and was met with the sight of the guest room wallpaper, my confusion grew until I noticed the heavy arm slug across my waist. I squinted down at the hand poised over my bellybutton and followed the lightly tanned skin until I had to turn to see the face to which the arm belonged; Rylan's face. Suddenly the night before came back to me, getting kicked off the team, Rylan coming home, watching the movie with him, and falling asleep in his lap; I smiled at the memory, but then frowned as I stared at his beautiful face. His hair was mussed from sleep and he was smiling slightly, he really was beautiful I thought to myself.

He's your teacher, a new voice said in the back of my head. Great now there's two of them?

I know, I sighed.

Then what are you still doing in bed with him?

Admiring.

Are you done yet?

Almost.

How about now?

Can you stop being so pushy?

No, the voice sounded annoyed with me, I'm trying to help you. Get out of bed now!

Fine, Fine, Fine, I muttered to her.

I tried to untangle his arm from around me, only to discover the other was firmly attached to my shoulders, I sighed again. Turning slowly in his arms I started to slid out of the bed, but his arm came back around my waist and pulled me back against his hard chest.

"Oh no you don't," his sleepy voice grumbled. "You are not pulling that crap on me again," he nestled his face against my neck and the goose bumps started.

"What crap?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"I intened to wake up with you in my arms Kody," he sounded amused, "and I am going to do just that."

"But you are awake now," I smiled.

"No, I'm not," he said quickly, "I'm still asleep. I am going to wake up in 5, 4,3,2,1," I turned just in time to see him open his eyes, "now I am awake," he smiled and I laughed.

"So now you are awake?" I reached up to move an errant lock of hair.

"Yes," he laughed softly, "and I finally got my wish."

"And what was that?" I smiled up at him.

"To wake up with you in my arms," my face flamed. "I've gone to sleep several times now expecting to wake up next to you and have thus far been denied that pleasure," he kissed my forehead, "it feels good to know what I have been missing."

"Sorry," I muttered.

"Don't be," he yawned and looked over at the clock behind me. "My god, its 6 in the morning what the hell are you doing up?" he looked down at me.

"Well," I smirked, "if I was going to sneak out I needed to wake up before you."

"So these little escapes are planned ahead of time?"

"Of course," I nodded, "did you think it was a coincidence that I have been able to escape your clutches all those times?"

"Hmmm," he tapped his chin playfully, "I really hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it I must know how you did it."

"Well," I said leaning closer to him, he smelt so wonderful I almost forgot what I was going to say, "I would tell you, but then I'd have to kill you and that gets messy," I whispered just over his mouth.