Chapter 16

Friday was finally here and I could not stop smiling. My daddy would be home in the morning and there were no races this weekend, so that meant we could spend the entire weekend in the shop. On top of everything I wasn't angry with Rylan for once.

The only thing I had to do was get through the football game tonight and my amazing weekend could finally start.

"All cheerleaders, band members, football players, volleyball players, and mascots please report to the gym for the pep rally," Mr, Chapman said over the intercom.

"Okay class," Rylan chuckled, "since that is almost everyone go ahead and go. Have fun this weekend," he called to us as we walked out of the door.

I sat next to the volleyball players watching Kody move around in her little uniform, it made me want to grab her and cover her body. The tiny piece of clothing left very little to the imagination and all the boys were commenting on it.

"Hey," Jake said getting up and scowling at them, "that is my girlfriend you guys are talking about, so either shut your traps or I'm gonna kick your asses," his hands were clenched at his sides and the guys nodded.

He turned to look at me and I nodded my approval, good man, I thought to myself. Now I understood what Kody meant about him protecting her, but that little bit of understanding did not keep me from being jealous.

I wanted her and wondered how she had managed to cover the mass of bruises that covered her side. I caught her eye and she smiled before giving me a little twirl, I almost stopped breathing. She was beautiful. Her hair was swept up in a high pony tail and a bow was secured to the top of her head, she looked like a little present just for him to unwrap. I pulled on my collar as the pep rally finally began, but by the time it was over I was about ready to beat the crap out of every boy in the place. They all stared at her as she did her flips and dances, bunch of punks I thought as I fought to keep myself planted to the ground.

When it was finally over I raced home, trying to get there before Kody, but as I pulled in behind her truck I realized that I had failed. That didn't stop me from smiling as I ran through the door.

She was standing just inside the kitchen making dinner.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I groaned as she bent to put something in the oven.

"Of course," she smiled at me over the shoulder before turning to look at me, "am I doing a good job of it?"

"To good," I said advancing on her.

"Rylan," she said backing up against the counter, but whatever she was going to say after that was stopped by my lips. FINALLY! I shouted in my head as my tongue rounds hers. All day I had been plagued with thoughts of her soft lips against mine and now that I was finally getting what I wanted I was not going to stop anytime soon.

I picked her up and placed her on the counter so that I could stand between her legs, she pressed harder against me. I pulled back and put my forehead against hers.

"I have been waiting all day to do that," I smiled.

"I have been waiting all day for you to do that," she smiled back and kissed my forehead gently.

"Wow," a new voice said from the doorway, my head snapped over and there stood Holly Andrews, another cheerleader, and Jake's younger sister.

"Ummm Holly," I said pushing away from Kody, "this is not what it looks like."

"So you two weren't just making out like horny teenagers?" she asked.

"No," I said and then looked at Kody for help, but she was frozen in place. She looked terrified.