3

"Breathe Conner, it's okay, just breathe," Hank says as he pats my back.

I close my eyes and take deep breaths, not able to look at Hank until I was calm.

"Come on, it's late, we should get home. We can watch whatever movie you want."

(Me: Terminator? *puppy eyes*)

"O-okay," I stand up and painfully walk back to the car with him by my side.

-

We enter the house and Sumo jumps on me, knocking me down into the wall. I smile and pet him, letting him crawl into my lap.

"Hey buddy," I say quietly.

"Alright Sumo," Hank chuckles and Sumo climbs off of me.

Hank grasps my hand and pulls me up, letting me fall into his arms when I loose balance again.

I look into his eyes and they shine like they've never shined before. I lean in, placing my lips on his and feeling the familiar spark. It's not a rough kiss, not one with tongue, it's one where it's passionate and sweet.

I pull away and lay my head on his chest, swaying with his body.

He pulls away and pulls my hand into a room with a big record player in it.

"This is where my son used to play and I listened to music and watched him."

Hank set a record on the player and moved the stick, placing it where it should be.

He walked towards me and held out his hand, the music starting. He didn't have to ask with words for me to know what he wanted. He wanted to dance with me, forget the world.

The song playing was "You Decorated My Life" by CeCe Rogers, a classic.

I slid my hand into his, taking the place of the woman by wrapping my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my hips. We held each other close, me comforting him when he got that sad look in his eyes.

"I used to dance with my wife to this song. She used to sing it to me all the time, she loved it," he whispered, a single tear sliding down his cheek.

"Then let's bring the memory back to life," I smile, wiping the droplet away.

I started humming the tune, looking up the lyrics in my head. Suddenly, I started singing it, spinning us instead of swaying.

"... And you decorated my life. Created a world, Where dreams are a part, And you decorated my life, By paintin' your love all over my heart, You decorated my life," I sang, each pitch correctly matching the record.

Hank smiled, letting a few more tears slip out.

"Like a rhyme with no reason, In an unfinished song, There was no harmony, life meant nothin' to me until you came along. And you brought out the colors, What a gentle surprise, Now I'm able to see all the things life can be, shinin' soft in your eyes." Those lyrics reminded me of Hank, a lot.

"And you decorated my life. Created a world, Where dreams are a part, And you decorated my life, By paintin' your love, All over my heart. You decorated my life..." I finished and Hank held me close, dancing to nothing.

"I love you so much Conner, so much. Thank you," he said, holding back sobs.

"I love you too, Hank."

•How was this?•