the moon

There once was a girl. She stayed up everynight. She was searching for a bigger purpose. She didn't want to light the night all by herself, she wanted to share it. She'd searched through all the stars in the sky and could still not find any who were fit for the job

One night as she searched yet again, in the right corner of the night sky drifted a small star, but it was brighter than the rest, but it was falling. In a panic, she reached out to catch it. the bright star was called comet. When she looked at the comet she'd hoped that maybe just maybe something so bright and beautiful could be the one she was searching for.
She was right. Comet heard the news from far away that the moon needed help to light her sky. He'd hoped for so long to be able to fall.... in hopes that even if his life ended he could get a closer glimpse of her. He was in awe of the moon, in his mind nothing could be as beautiful as she. Nothing could shine so bright.
The comet agreed to fall a thousand times if it meant that he could help her, and maybe get a chance to be closer to the moon. She was so happy that she'd found the comet. Even though he was small, the light within him was bright. He was everything she needed.
But even the brightest lights will burn out one day. She didn't expect it to happen so soon. there comes a day when the moon is not lighting the sky and is unable to be seen. As he fell across the sky that night he reached out to her and she reached out to him. But her arms could only strech as far as her glow. She watched him fall for the last time. As he slipped away he whispered a small thankyou and shown the brightest he's ever shown, so that she'd be less afraid. Her light started back again but so small. Over time it grew once again into what it used to be, but not as bright as she wanted it. Again she asked the stars if anyone could help her light the night and none could do the job. One night as she sat in the sky amongst the darkness she wondered why she still glowed so brightly even though she didn't feel bright.
You see her whole life there has been someone watching over her and giving her such a bright reflection. He stayed far behind her. He liked to observe her but would never get close because he was very different and was afraid that she wouldn't accept his difference.
He couldn't have been more wrong...  One day he decided to be brave and get a little closer. As he snuck up behind her she turned around and caught him with her hands. She thought she'd never find someone as bright as the comet but standing before her was someone she was dumbfounded by. How could she not have seen him. He's so bright. She didn't think there was anyone in her solar system quite like him. He was beautiful. He was bright inside and out. In that moment the sun kissed the moon....
As they drifted back into their places. Him in day and her in night. She realized that this whole time she'd had exactly what she needed. He would always stand beside her to shine on her. And her shine would never die because of him. Her search was finally over..... She'd found her eclipse. A turning point in her life that changed things forever and never again Did her glow dull because her solar system was now complete.