The beginning of the truth

“That’s ridiculous” I say in astonishment. At the moment, Craig; who was the one with the syringes in the first place, was trying to tell us that he kidnapped us for protection. I shake my head and sit at the table. Chris and I had a meeting in about 10 minutes and Craig was giving us a rundown of what was going to be said.

“The people you’re going to be seeing are lower rank then you; you’re royalty from everywhere, call it the prince and princess of all werewolves, whereas the people you are going to meet are ordinary alphas. You are still expected to treat them the same.”

Nodding my head, I stood at the door, waiting for Chris to join me so we could head off towards the hall where the meeting was going to be held.

“Oh, and also, they will bow, just smile and continue walking.” I sighed and opened the grand double doors.

Even though it wasn’t necessary, we had guards with us. I had 2 and Chris had 2. I discovered that my 2 guards were called Barry and Louise, yes; one of my guards was a girl. So…?

Walking silently through the castle, I know; Cliché, right? I halted when a weird feeling went through my body; I started walking but again but looked around distinctively to see if anybody had noticed. 1 of Chris’ guards noticed, I shook my head at him, signalling not to say anything. He bowed his head and kept his mouth shut. I focused on watching where I was going because it didn’t seem like anybody had noticed. Although, I did notice Chris looking around. Did he feel it as well? Or am I imagining things because of stress?

Whilst I was thinking, I didn’t notice we had stopped; I kept walking until I felt Barry’s arm halt me. I looked up and realised this was where the meeting was going to be held and sighed in relief that I didn’t walk into the door.

Louise walked towards one door whilst one of Chris’ guards walked towards the other one, whilst the other two guards stood behind us protecting us from the ‘danger’. The doors were pulled open, and I froze. Everybody was standing up facing our way. I walked in after Barry, who motioned for me to sit and for Chris to sit in the seat next to me. Everyone bowed in perfect sync then sat down, I smiled but shared a silent look with Chris. A look that clearly stated, what the hell!

He shrugged and plastered a smile on his face, except knowing Chris for so long, made me be able to read him easily, and within doing so, I know that the smile is real, whereas mine, is fake.

“We’ll start with the basics, as you already know, you’re werewolves, but apparently it was kept from you that you’re royalty. Is this correct?” We both nodded, “Alright, Your parents probably didn’t tell you as they wished to protect you, however, the hunters got to your parents and…” She sobbed quietly before clearly her throat and smiling a sad smile, “Killed them.” I always thought that when people say when their hearts break, they were being stupid, apparently not, because I feel as if my heart just got torn into a million pieces. Chris squeezed my hand comfortingly and motioned for the lady to carry on, “I’m so sorry for your loss. Anyway, at the moment, you can only change on full moons, yes?” Once again, we nodded our heads, “And you are 16?” Nod, “Basically, on the day that you turn 17, you will be able to change at will, and it won’t hurt anywhere near as much. As you are royalty, you have... special powers, so to say. The powers can range from anything. Do you know of anything you have, that other werewolves don’t? Like, being able to heal other people?” Shrug of the shoulders, “Talk telepathically?” Nod, “So you can talk to each other through your minds, interesting. Usually people that can communicate through their minds can also read other peoples thoughts, unless said person has their mind blocked, we’ll train you so–“

“I thought all wolves could speak telepathically” Chris stated from beside me. Adrian, somebody else sat at the table, shook his head and mumbled something under his breath like, teenagers these days, which brought him a slap to the head. Trying not to laugh, I breathed in through my nose and out through my nose, after a minute, I felt the need to laugh disappear.

 Standing up quickly, I exited the room after mumbling some lame excuse before starting to cry again. I knew Chris was going to follow me so I sent him a message quickly telling him to stay in there and that I’d be in soon.