Being sick and pregnancy tests.

“Yeah, so he’s my mate” I end the explanation with a smile.

I was currently explaining to Chris everything that happened yesterday.

“Does Alexia know?”

“I think so, do you remember her making the reference yesterday, and about my mate being a maid?” Nod “Well, He is.”

“Okay, let’s go talk to her about it.”

“Okay.” Standing up and walking to the door, I heard Chris following behind. “I’ll be back in a minute” I said, and ran off to the bathroom. I didn’t plan for Chris to come in whilst I was puking, but I felt hold my hair back, so I didn’t get any sick in it.

 “What’s wrong C?”

“I don’t know Chris. Let’s just go see Alexia.” I grabbed my toothbrush quickly and brushed my teeth before following Chris to Alexia’s room.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Come in” Shouted a voice from inside.

Opening the door, I crossed the room and sat on the chair next to her desk.

“Hello Alexia.”

“Good morning your highnesses”

“We came to talk about mates” I started with a smile, but by the end, I had a frown on my face.

“Nothing else?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

I looked at Chris and shook my head, what else would there be to talk about. There is one thing, but I am not talking about that with Chris in the room!

“Not at the moment” whilst mouthing ‘later’ to her so that Chris wouldn’t see. She nods and gets comfy on her bed.

“Anyway, I’ve met my mate. I met him yesterday, when I want outside during the meeting. His name is Devon”

“The maid?!”

“Yep” I said, popping the P.

“Awwh. Sweetie, that’s great” She said, beaming.

At this point, Chris looked bored.

“Chris, you can go. I’m fine, plus you look bored” I said, whilst pointing a finger at the door.

“Thanks”

I smiled at him quickly before he left the room.

“Now that he’s gone, I have a problem. It’s probably nothing, but I don’t know who else to talk to. I’ve never been sick before. But yesterday, I was sick three times and I was sick before coming to see you just now. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

“I have a question, it’s quite personal. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to” I nodded and she continued, “When did you last have sex?”

My eyes had gone wide, “Um… The day before… Coming here” She nodded and started mumbling to herself, even with my werewolf hearing, I couldn’t hear what she was saying.

“Christy did you ever thing you could be… Pregnant?”

“Um… No…Where can I buy a test?”

“Come on, let’s go shopping” As enthusiastic as she was, I couldn’t bring myself to care all that much, I was more focused on the fact I may be pregnant. However, I stood up and followed her to the nearest mall.

“We need to go to the drug store.” She stated, dragging me along with her. After, picking and buying the test. We went to the toilets.

“Good luck”

I took a deep breath and did what I needed to. I walked out and handed it to Alexia. Trying to forget about the current situation, I decided to strike up a conversation, I knew nothing about Alexia.

“How old are you?”

“19”

“Okay, who’s your mate?”

“My mate, you know the one who was doing most of the talking during the meeting?” I nodded, “That’s my mate.” She had a dreamy look in her eyes, and I could tell she was thinking of times when she spent with her mate.

“It’s done.” She looked down and held it out to me. I didn’t want to see it so I shook my head and pushed it back towards her. “Okay, it’s… Positive”

She smiled, but I didn’t know what I felt, happy? Sad? Scared? Shocked?