Chap 15

(Sorry I've been gone for so long. I feel bad, but i have exams coming up so i have. to. study. Also, this is based on like my one trip to China before, so it may be inaccurate.Don't kill me, I'm not being biased or anything)

I smile widely at the air for no reason at all. I'm just happy to be here, in a new country! I've always loved travelling. The idea of living in a city sounds so cool, and here I am. Away from Japan,too. I will miss having Google, I guess. China only uses stuff like Yahoo. I have to set up a card and all too, so I can pay with AliPay. It's the new thing. Although I feel like this AliPay is wayyy too advanced for me. 

I make my way outside and call a taxi. I try out my Chinese. Tentatively, I say "I want to go to 56 Shanghai Street," and wait.

The taxi driver glares at me, obviously confused. "Speak proper Chinese!" he spits out.

I gulp. I quickly take out my map and point to it.He nods. Whew. Finally. 

As the car speeds off, I gasp a little. So fast! The taxi doesn't seem to care about the many cars, he just speeds. Wow. There's alot of honking as well, and the streets are really wide. In Japan, no one ever honks, and the streets are so tiny and narrow. China really is different. Oh, and all the people on bicycles are amazing. I can cycle, but here in this crowded city?

I suddenly feel my phone buzzing. My mum already sent me a phone to use in China, so I'm all ready for my new life alone. I check it. It is a unfamiliar number. But I know it's from Japan. I pick up quickly. A smooth voice flows through the phone. "(Y/N). Are you okay in China? What is your address?"

UGH. USUI CAN'T LEAVE ME ALONE.

I hang up quickly and call Rey instead, speaking in Japanese. She screams " Great job! Tell me how China is!!!"

I have an idea. "Rey, you know how we both like writing? We should write letters to each other. Real ones. Like pen pals." (a/n: i always wanted to do that)

Rey laughs in delight. "Yes! Omg, of course! Twice a month!"

I promise her I will write and we hang up. By now the taxi is at my new school/ home. I feel slightly lonely by myself. Will I ever belong in this big city? 

I push open the doors and enter. Somehow I find my room and I enter gratefully. Then I stop. A girl is sitting there. Wrong room? I exit quickly and check the room number. Yes, this is room 37. So I just walk in. Again. The girl puts down her phone, looks at me and laughs. "Miss, this is yours. We are roommates." I smile at her quickly, realizing how stupid I must have seemed to this Chinese, who looks pretty and smart. She smiles back. " I am Lee En." 

"I'm (Y/N), from Japan." I explain. There's an awkward pause and we both smile quickly to fill the silence. Then I say " Uh, so you are here to act?"

Ahhh. Wrong question. That's obvious.It's an acting school, for god's sake.I mentally scold myself. BAKA>.<

Lee En laughs and tosses her hair over her shoulder casually. "Yeah, duh."

We don't have anything else to say so I unpack in silence while she plays with her phone. "Training starts Monday," she adds. "I'm new too, by the way."

I try to understand her. Her chinese is spoken so quickly I can't catch some words. I think I heard her say "too" but it may have been something else?!?!

It's 6pm now. I decide to eat something. Maybe cup noodles. I packed two cup noodles, just in case. I can eat one now. I set it up, but see Lee En watching. "Do you want?" I ask.

She smiles gleefully and jumps up. "Of course! Thanks! Let's see how Japan cup noodles taste!" I laugh at her and prepare two sets.

We start talking. I ask her about China, she asks me about Japan. Turns out she is a fan of Hatsune Miku. I went to one of her concerts before with a friend. I guess she's okay. I tell her that I have a Hatsune Miku keychain from the concert but I threw it away. "HOW could you throw away Hatsune???" Lee En cries dramatically. Yeah, I get why she's here. 

We sit in the room and eat noodles. I slurp it up, as a good Japanese would. Lee En laughs at me. "That is so ka-wa-eeee." She says. 

I laugh. Her pronunciation is weird! Lee En tells me my Chinese is too slow. I have to slur and speak quickly. She tries teaching me and I try teaching her Japanese. So far, I like my roommate. Even if I didn't know about her.